Alabama Babies
Options

Slow Day Poll: Thanksgiving Dinner

What are you making this year for Thanksgiving that you didn't make last year?  I am all about the Thanksgiving favorites, but love something new!

Re: Slow Day Poll: Thanksgiving Dinner

• Options
    I will make candied yams from a can since I've been too lazy to go to the farmer's market for sweet potatoes and the ones at Walmart look funky.  I will also make green beans with toasted pecans instead of green bean casserole.  Oh and a breakfast casserole for T'giving morning. 
  • Options
    I think I'm gonna fry some sweet corn. I've made it before but it wasn't on the original menu for T'giving so it'll be a surprise. I am also making mac and cheese and peach cobbler. J is frying a turkey.  If I'm feeling up to it I may try one of the breakfast casseroles you suggested to Candi.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We usually just bring one or two dishes because DH's family makes so much. Thinking about Mac & Cheese and a Punpkin Gingerbread Triffle I saw on Paula Dean's show yesterday. It looked yummy!
  • Options
    We always go to my mom's house for Thanksgiving.  I think we are going with ham this year, apparently we are all turkied out!
  • Options
    Nothing different this year, we have to work around DH's dislikes.  Plus it's just my parents and us.  If she had cooked, she would have what we would traditionally eat.  However I'm making basically the same as last year :P
  • Options

imageLeelee06:
    I will make candied yams from a can since I've been too lazy to go to the farmer's market for sweet potatoes and the ones at Walmart look funky.  I will also make green beans with toasted pecans instead of green bean casserole.  Oh and a breakfast casserole for T'giving morning. 

The Neely's made brocoli w/ brown butter something last week.  I was thinking about trying that our on my family for Thanksgiving.  It had nuts in it but I can't remember if they were pecans or almonds.  Off to Food Network to look up the recipe...

• Options
    I have a recipe for pumpkin cheesecake that I'm going to try. I love pumpkin, and I love cheesecake, so we'll see how it turns out!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Options

imageMissLMS:
    I have a recipe for pumpkin cheesecake that I'm going to try. I love pumpkin, and I love cheesecake, so we'll see how it turns out!

I was just about to edit my post to say that the Neely's also made a pumpkin pie cheesecake on the same episode.  It looked really good but I'm not really confident in my baking skills.  I'd be too disappointed if I screwed it up.  Let me know how it turns out!

• Options

Everyone goes to my parents for dinner and everyone brings something or a couple of somethings...we have a pretty large family and always end up with way too much food. 

My mom gave me an easy item this year lol.  I am making the pumpkin cheesecake that I have taken the last two years...super easy and super good!  

• Options

I'm making the squash casserole that I saw on Celeste's blog.  I hate green bean casserole, so this is my alternative. Smile

https://sugarandspice-celeste.blogspot.com/2009/11/paula-deens-squash-casserole.html

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
    DD born 8/9/10
    TTC #2 since 8/2012
    CP 12/2012
    dx MFI 10/2013
    Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
    Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
    Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
    Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

• Options
    imageuagirl:

I'm making the squash casserole that I saw on Celeste's blog.  I hate green bean casserole, so this is my alternative. Smile

https://sugarandspice-celeste.blogspot.com/2009/11/paula-deens-squash-casserole.html

I hate green bean casserole too!

• Options
    imageLeelee06:
    imageuagirl:

I love green beans, but something about green bean casserole is disgusting to me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
    DD born 8/9/10
    TTC #2 since 8/2012
    CP 12/2012
    dx MFI 10/2013
    Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
    Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
    Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
    Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

• Options
    imageuagirl:
    imageLeelee06:
    imageuagirl:

I love green beans, but something about green bean casserole is disgusting to me.

Ditto that.  For me, I think it's the smell of the cream of mushroom with those fried onions.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"