Philadelphia Babies
Options

Excuses for not drinking before you tell friends you are pregnant?

We do not want to tell our friends we are pregnant until 2nd trimester.  Since typically have a drink in hand at functions, my friends are going to know something is up. Of course I can say I do not feel like drinking today, but that sounds too obvious.

Any good lines for not drinking? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Excuses for not drinking before you tell friends you are pregnant?

• Options

i used the "i'm the dd tonight"  but i don't think it was very believable.

Congrats!!

• Options
    Have DH sneak and make you a vodka and orange juice... no vodka . wink...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Can't you just say you're not drinking tonight? I guess if you need an excuse there are a lot. My stomach is bothering me. I have a headache. I'm DD. I'm on a round of antibiotics. Just drank the night before and can't stomach it tonight. I'm a little tired and the alcohol will knock me out. I'm pacing myself and the next one will be a real drink. Or get a soda in a cocktail glass with a lime on the rim.

• Options
    I got a club soda with lime and told everyone it was a vodka tonic. It worked for 2 weddings and 2 nights out with friends. Whenever someone would buy me a drink I would say I had to go to the restroom and hand DH my drink. He would switch it with a club soda while I was away. What sealed the deal on my "lie" was that I had my first round of nausea from the pregnancy after a night out with our friends like this... they thought I was throwing up from drinking so much. Worked like a charm!
  • Options
    Agree with pp about getting DH to help. We actually enlisted the help of a bartender when we were keeping things a secret. Everytime i asked for a vodka cranberry she made me cranberry with a spritz of tonic and it looked good. She did it up too with the bottles moving around and everything. She got a nice tip :)
  • Options
    I was a big drinker so any excuse would have given it away.  I always "fake drank"
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    I just held a glass of wine at functions for the first trimester.  No one even thought twice.
  • Options
    So, I got to the bar early and told the bartender to make me cranberry on the rocks with club soda mixed in.  Worked perfectly, kept ordering vodka and cranberry and nobody knew a thing.  Now going out and doing pitchers of margaritas with coworkers next Tuesday is gonna be tough.  I may just call out sick that day- ha ha.
  • Options
    I had a sinus infection so I told them the mix made me dizzy.
  • Options

I would say go with the "FRIENDS" reference...

Hey, what do you think is a better excuse for why I?m not drinking on this date tonight. "Umm, I?m a recovering alcoholic. I?m a Mormon," or "I got so hammered last night I?m still a little drunk?"

haha.. sorry.. i thought this would be funny. =)

• Options
    imagemrs. weber on 8/26/07!!:

"I got so hammered last night I?m still a little drunk?"

I would suggest something along those lines too...

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

In my experience, pretending/lying worked MUCH better than an excuse.  If you're a drinker, any excuse you use will be COMPLETELY transparent.

Like others said, get help from DH, bartenders/servers to pull off the drink switcheroos.  My fake drink of choice was a "Vodka" & Club with Lime.  No calories, so I could drink 5-6 in a night and not feel like I was going to die from sugar shock.

• Options
    No excuses, only the truth, I just choose not to drink sometimes. Partially a medical condition.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"