Health & Exercise
Options

What should I definitely be eating?

So, I just found out I was pregnant and have not had a chance to go out and buy all the books yet.  Will do so this week.  I have a good idea of food I shouold not eat, but what are musts that I should be eating?  Is it true I should drink OJ every morning?  I know I should be eating lots of fruits and veggies, plus dairy.  Any other must haves?  Or do you have a good website I can start looking at for diet ideas.

BTW, I am already on a prenatal.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What should I definitely be eating?

• Options
    Well, that's good you're on a prenatal vitamin already. I think you raise a good question of what to eat. Though, I'm not sure how far along you are but pretty soon it might be a question of what can you handle eating. I'm 9 weeks and find I've had to add a ton of fiber to my diet to stay regular. And as for the OJ, I definitely can not handle it, way too acidic. I already have acid reflux and avoid anything of that nature. As for calcium, I'm drinking calcium enriched apple juice, low-fat polly-o string cheese and of course a ton of milk.
  • Options
    I try to eat a balanced diet.  I can't handle milk or yogurt, buat eat string cheese.  raw veggies and some juice!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Stick to whole foods as much as possible and avoid processed foods (though it's okay to indulge a little). I ate lots of veggies, fruit, whole grains, oatmeal, lowfat dairy (yogurt, string cheese, milk, frozen yogurt), salmon, chicken, nuts, and drank tons of water. I had a healthy pregnancy and have been bouncing back pretty quickly pp and my LO is healthy too.

imageimage

• Options
    Try Dr. Barbara Luke's website. She has a list of top 25 food all stars there. She does a lot of research with multiple gestation, but I assume the same foods good for two babies or more are good for one baby. All in all she does say to remain on a balanced diet. It's hard in the beginning when you may have nausea and food aversions but do the best you can! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"