LGBT Parenting
Options

Clicky Poll: Wooden Rocking Chair

Hi ladies,

We are getting ready for bed after talking about the nursery.  And this one detail is plaguing my mind (you know me and the details)...

I have my great grandmother's rocking chair, which I love and is very sentimental to me.  But I'm just not sure it will be comfortable enough to put in the nursery for bedtime rocking and late night nursing.  There are so many cushy rocking chairs out now (even some pretty affordable ones at BRU) that just seem so cozy compared to a wooden chair.

Now, I could definitely get crafty and make some nice cushions to put on my wooden rocking chair...but will that be enough to make it middle-of-the-night comfy?

So I ask you...

[Poll]

Mrs._F
sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Clicky Poll: Wooden Rocking Chair

• Options

My MIL has a wooden rocking chair that we use while at her house. It is okay for short tem, but on those bad nights when LO doesn't want to fall asleep and you rock for hours it is really hard on your bum.

We got a cheap glider from BRU and it is actually comfy.

~Kennedy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagecymru:

My MIL has a wooden rocking chair that we use while at her house. It is okay for short tem, but on those bad nights when LO doesn't want to fall asleep and you rock for hours it is really hard on your bum.

We got a cheap glider from BRU and it is actually comfy.

~Kennedy

Does your MILs have cushions?  (I really liked a couple of the cheap ones we saw at BRU! So squishy!)

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I love the way our refinished rocking chair (w/ cushions) looks, but never really expected it to be long term...more of just a placeholder until we could get a cushy glider.  Its comfy for the first few minutes, but the other day when i was rocking a friend's child in it and reading a book, my butt was numb by the end of it (maybe 30 minutes of reading?).  so it'll never work for those long overnights.

• Options
    I think it'd be too uncomfortable to be THE primary rocker (plus, I always worry about little fingers getting squished, so I'd probably be less likely to put it in the nursery unless it was on carpet), but maybe it could go in another room as an additional rocker?
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options
    We have my Mom's wooden rocking chair in the livingroom for quick rocks  but I wouldn't want to have to use it long term.  Also the arms are too high for me to nurse in.  We ended up getting a glider at a chain furniture store which isn't a nursery glider but we felt it was of better quality than the ones at bru and was about the same price.  We even got to choose the fabric and it only took 3 weeks for it to come in.  I got to sit (and nurse in)  in lots of gliders and rockers at the nicu and found that the ones with higher arms just did not work for me.  I think that this is because I am on the shorter side and very short torsoed.  When you sit in the chairs try to imagine where your arm would rest while nursing.  If it is on the higher side it may not work for you,
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"