Health & Exercise
Options

When do you work out?

I used to be pretty fit before pregnancy.  Now, about three and a half months after having my son I'm finding it really hard to get back on track.  The only way I can see fitting a workout into my day is to get up at 5am which is hard when he's still not STTN and I work during the day.  (When I get home from work, I want to play with my son, not workout.)  Any suggestions on how you girls do it?  Should I just suck it up and get up early?

Re: When do you work out?

• Options
    I workout on Tuesday, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays.  it sucks during the week to go from daycare to gym daycare for the kids.  It's a long day, but I am a much happier momma if I get my workouts in.  It works out fine.
  • Options

With the weather being nice, I had been taking DS out on hikes. (Using baby bjorn)?

Now that it is getting cooler, I have been climbing stairs and walking an indoor track with DS. It isn't as great of a workout as without him, but I don't feel like I am missing time with him.?

?Plus, it adds some extra weight which my legs have been noticing.??

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm concerned about this happening after I have the LO in May and go back to work in August- Luckily, my office is very flexible about letting us work out during the day- could you work out during lunch? Or drop DS off at daycare a little earlier?

Good luck!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I went to the gym Monday morning at 6:30 am, after feeding DS but before DH had to go to work. I'm hoping to keep up a routine of going in the mornings on weekdays and just try to do something active on the weekends.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm still on maternity leave so I fit my workouts in when DH either comes home for lunch or when he gets home from work. When the weather is nice, I take LO and my dog for long walks but that's not the sweat session that I need. When I go back to work I will probably try to workout 2-3 mornings a week and then on the weekends. It's going to be hard to find the time but I figure I need to stay in shape so I can keep up with LO when he's older!

imageimage

• Options
    I was also going to try going at 5:30 in the morning but could not get up.  For a while I was going right after work at 4:00 but then didn't get home until 5:30 and felt like I wasn't spending enough time with DS.  Although I haven't gone in a few weeks Embarrassed I finally settled on going at 8:30 after I put DS to bed.  That takes away from my time with DH in the evenings but it's the only solution that is working for now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"