Oregon Babies

aversion to poultry?

ugh i can barely write it, anyone else have a strong aversion to chicken and other poultry? Will it go away? I am dreading thanksgiving this year which is one of my favorite food holidays!

Re: aversion to poultry?

• OMG, YES!  I couldn't think about chicken without barfing.  Thinking about mustard sauce and chicken made it much worse (it was something I craved and couldn't eat enough of through week 6).  It took me a while after the babies came before I could stomach chicken.  It's okay, you'll enjoy the sides at Thanksgiving.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I had a terrible aversion to chicken my whole first trimester.  I believe it went away around 15 weeks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
    Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes!  I could hardly stand the thought of any beef, chicken, but for me it was more salmon and fish.  I normally love watching the Food Network but would often have to change the channel b/c it made me feel ill.  Like a pp, it started to dissipate after the first trimester.  Hope you feel better soon!
    DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • I was ok with with poultry, my aversion was to beef of all kinds... the worst part was I managed a fine dining steakhouse, it was rough the first few months.  I ate a lot of wheat toast in my first trimester, in my second and third trimester the smell of wheat toast made me sick, my husband wasn't allowed to toast toast while I was home!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Uugh!!!  I totally understand, it's mostly chicket for me!!  I hate it, it makes me nauseous even thinking about it!!!  Boo!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"