Minnesota Babies
Options

Where to bring expired carseats?

Our neighbors gave us 2 of their toddler carseats that they used for their grandchildren. I was looking at the manufacturer dates and one was in 2003 and the other in 2005. I'm going to do more checking on the 2005 carseat but I am pretty sure the Cosco 2003 carseat is expired. Are there places that take these to be recycled? I know BRU was offering a discount for bringing in a carseat but I don't think they are doing that anymore?

Thanks!

Photo taken at 16 months old
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where to bring expired carseats?

• Options

no, there isn't. cut the straps and maybe even take a hammer to the shell, and then put them in the garbage.

and unless you 10000000% trust your neighbor, I wouldn't use any seat given to me used, unless it was an extremely close family member or friend. Unless you are willing to stake your child's life on their word that the seat has never been tampered with in any way or in an accident, I'd destroy them both. 

Not to mention, the 2005 one will most likely be expired by the time your child is big enough to use it anyways. Most seats are 5 or 6 years for expiration. Some seats are now 7 or 8, but on seats that old, it is doubtful they are good that long. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"