2nd Trimester
Options

Changing pad - how does it stay secure onto a dresser?

We have a dresser/bookshelf that we'll be putting the changing pad on. Do I just lay a changing pad on top, or is there something to secure it?  Any suggestions?

Re: Changing pad - how does it stay secure onto a dresser?

• Options
    I've been wondering this myself. We have an heirloom dresser we plan to use with a pad...
  • Options
    Mine has a buckle that goes under the shelf so it stays secure. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would just get one of those non-slip mats to put underneath.

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Options
    mine just sits on top
  • Options
    Funny, I was JUST reading about this! I was researching how big changing pads are, and in looking at one at Target (LA Baby 4 side changing pad) I saw in reviews that it has some kind of hardware to attach it to the table/dresser. Maybe screws?
  • Options

imageMeegs10.13.06:

Like a shelf liner, those work well.

• Options
    Ours has straps that screw into the back of the dresser, but our dresser was made specifically to be a changing. It also has the  wood liner (for lack of a better term) that goes on top of the dresser that is also screwed in the back.
    Child #1: 6 yo DD Child #2: 2yo DD
  • Options

You can also purchase what's called a "changing top" ... in the pic below, you can see it in the back on the changing table ... its like a frame and then you're able to insert the changing pad inside ... supposedly provides more safety. But of course as you can see in the second pic, you could just get a no slip pad (or one with fasteners) like others have said that sits on top.

imageimage
  • Options

imageMeegs10.13.06:

This.  You might even be able to find a changing pad cover that's got those slipper sock-like grips on the bottom to keep it still.  And remember, you're never going to have your baby on the pad unattended, so if it moves a couple centimeters or so, it's not that big of a deal, IMO.

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• Options
    we used the non slip pad since we didn't want to screw anything down into the top of the dresser.  It worked out great and I plan on doing the same with #2.Smile
  • Options
    We registered this week and chose a changing pad that already has a non-slip, grippy bottom.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I used a non-slip mat with removable double sided tape. 
  • Options

imageMandJS:
    Mine comes with hardware to screw into the BACK of the dresser (so you can't see the holes when I take the changing pad off down the road). But, the guy at the furniture store said that a non-slip pad would probably work fairly well as well. I just wasn't comfortable with that - didn't seem secure enough to me.

THIS and we've had no problems with pad moving around during changes.

• Options
    I've been wondering this, too--the non-skid pad idea is great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"