Health & Exercise
Options

Jogging Stroller/Bugaboo/Vista

Hello!  I am just starting to look at strollers, and am overwhelmed!  I run a fair amount, 3-4 miles/day, about 6 days per week.  I imagine when the baby arrives it will be easier time wise to just run with the baby.

I was planning on purchasing an Uppa Baby Vista, or Bugaboo, until I realized (duh!) that I would probably need a jogging stroller, too.  

Has anyone used a Bugaboo as a jogging stroller?

Or any reccomendations?

TIA!

Re: Jogging Stroller/Bugaboo/Vista

• Options

I have the cameleon and I do not think that you could use it as a jogging stroller.  

• Options
    I have a BOB Revolution and I LOVE it.  My daughter loves it too.  You can't run with baby though for the first couple months though so keep that in mind.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a BOB revolution, too, and love. You actually can run with the baby before 6 months if you have the infant seat attachment. My pedi said it's no bumpier than the baby riding in the car. I ran with my son starting at 2 months.
  • Options
    We have the UB Vista for everyday and the BOB revolution for once we can run with DS. LOVE both!! My running partner just has the BOB wiith the infant car seat adapter and a snap n go. We're both very happy with our choices, so I think it's a personal decision.
  • Options
    I had a Bugaboo and ended up selling it for a BOB Revolution. I have a single and double BOB and would never spend another dime on any other stroller. Bugaboo's are not for running so you would definitely have to get a jogger too.
    ~mom to 4 boys~ 9/05, 10/07, 2/10,and 10/11 image
  • Options
    I have a BOB Revolution.  It works for walking (revolving front wheel) as well as running (front wheel locks in place).  I can literally push this with one finger!  I LOVE IT, worth every penny
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have the UB Vista and while it's great for walks, rough/bumpy ground...it's not for running.
  • Options
    I have a Bugaboo Cameleon that I used for running. ?It went around 7:30 min miles before the wheels started to shake. ?So ,depending on your pace, it may work. ?It was also easy to maneuver, but the brake system was cumbersome. ?I liked the long handle. ?Note that there is no safety belt system in the bugaboo, so don't let your baby bounce around in there (bassinet feature). ?I ran on paved park paths, and did notice the bugaboo shock system was not as robust as a typical jogging stroller. ?However, it was also not heavy and turned better. ?I would ask your local dealer to borrow one for the weekend and see how you like it. ?Many local stores will allow you to do this (bugaboo encourages it), but don't advertise it. ?Compare and contrast! ?Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"