Trouble TTC
Options

clomid question

Wondering why some dr.s reccommend days 3-7 and some reccommend days 5-9. My dr. put me on 5-9. Does anybody know the difference?

Re: clomid question

• Options
    My dr. put me on it 3-7 and I keep reading both and wondered the same thing.... if someone knows please fill us in!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I asked my dr. this question because I had two different information sheets from their office (one said 3-7 and one said 5-9).  She said that if you tend to have a shorter cycle then they estimate that you probably ovulate earlier in your cycle, therefore they start you on days 3-7.  They will probably also start your monitoring earlier.  My cycle on its own is usually like 2-3 months, so they always have to induce my cycle before I start Clomid.  Therefore, because my cycle is so long (over 30 days), then I take Clomid days 5-9.  

But I think for those of us who have random periods, its really just a trial/testing thing until they figure out what works best.   That's why being monitored is so important, so that you don't miss your ovulation days.

Hope that makes sense. And again, its just what my dr. told me. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not on Clomid but my SIL is and I asked her this question...She said her Dr. told her that if you take it days 3-7 you should produce more eggs hoping that at least one will get fertilized but it raises the chance of m/c Taking it days 5-9 should not produce as many eggs as days 3-7 but will produce more mature eggs creating a lower risk of m/c.  I googled this question and got the same answer.  I didn't mean to just jump in with an answer, just thought it might help!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you girls for the responses. We'll see how it goes!
  • Options
    Good luck! Keep me updated on how it works. I am on day 19 and praying that Clomid did its thing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"