Oregon Babies

Sharing name ideas?

it seems your supposed to keep the names your thinking of a secret, but i'm excited and Wanted to share with a few people. One of my favorites if its a girl is Lulu. My OWN mother said thats a horrible name, its what you call crazy people and if i went with that same she would feel sorry for the?kid the rest of its life. I'm sorry what happened to some decorum?

has anyone else had this type of experience? what ever happened to if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing...?

Re: Sharing name ideas?

• We were lucky... either everyone REALLY loves the name we chose, or they were nice and kept their mouth shut :)

A coworker and his wife decided not to tell anyone at all the name they chose until the baby came out.. They named her Violet.. :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Even though we aren't going to name our LO anything totally off the wall, we are going to keep our name choices to ourselves.  People always have an opinion, even if they don't realize they are opening their big mouth.

Personally, I think Lulu is cute.  Don't listen to your mom.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
    Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • I've found that people seem to forget to filter comments & opinions when it comes to anything baby related, but especially names.  We got mostly positive reactions when telling friends we're naming our son Oliver, but did hear a few "Oh, that's interesting" or even better, "Will his middle name be Twist?"  My MIL was the worst though? we told her and she said, "Oh... Well maybe you should wait until he's here to decide, choosing a name is a big deal. Oliver is kind of old man-ish.  What other options have you come up with?"  And then she'd send me emails with suggestions.  Awesome huh?  We don't care what people say though, we know the name will fit our child really well and that's all that matters!
  • imagelinzmariedesigns:
    I've found that people seem to forget to filter comments & opinions when it comes to anything baby related, but especially names.  We got mostly positive reactions when telling friends we're naming our son Oliver, but did hear a few "Oh, that's interesting" or even better, "Will his middle name be Twist?"  My MIL was the worst though? we told her and she said, "Oh... Well maybe you should wait until he's here to decide, choosing a name is a big deal. Oliver is kind of old man-ish.  What other options have you come up with?"  And then she'd send me emails with suggestions.  Awesome huh?  We don't care what people say though, we know the name will fit our child really well and that's all that matters!

I LOVE the name Oliver! It's one of my faves. My DH hates it so if I ever have a son it's not even on the board. haha. My mom and sister love it too though. Oh well.

And Lulu is not a horrible name. I like names that you don't hear a whole lot. And it's a fun name! :)

My MIL's comment on DD's name was "Oh...that's interesting." Gotta love her. (Really, I have to, we're related now. hahahaha)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"