Michigan Babies

Pediatrician recomendations

I was wondering if anyone can recomend any peds in the area. I grew up in Livingston/Oakland county, and am more familiar with doctors in that area, as well as having most of my friends in that area. DH's insurance, which we used, recently switched to PHP, so our options are now basically limited to Ingham county (and farther).

A friend recomended Lansing Peds to me, (I forget which doctor) but I was also hoping to get some suggestions a little closer to home. (We live in Fowlerville.) I was thinking maybe Okemos? Or even if there is something in Williamston or Webberville, although I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks!

Re: Pediatrician recomendations

• I don't really have any recommendations as I haven't started looking yet, but I also live in Fowlerville and work in East Lansing so I'll be looking in the same area.  As long as everything is good with the baby I was considering sticking with my family doctor in Williamston for primary care.  I'll be interested to see any answers to your questions!

Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• imageMonicagail1:

I don't really have any recommendations as I haven't started looking yet, but I also live in Fowlerville and work in East Lansing so I'll be looking in the same area.  As long as everything is good with the baby I was considering sticking with my family doctor in Williamston for primary care.  I'll be interested to see any answers to your questions!

Who is your primary care doc? I was also thinking about that, since DH doesn't have one, and the one I have used is out of Brighton and won't accept this new insurance.

Is this your first too?

• Loading the player...
  • imagemisma09:
    imageMonicagail1:

I don't really have any recommendations as I haven't started looking yet, but I also live in Fowlerville and work in East Lansing so I'll be looking in the same area.  As long as everything is good with the baby I was considering sticking with my family doctor in Williamston for primary care.  I'll be interested to see any answers to your questions!

Who is your primary care doc? I was also thinking about that, since DH doesn't have one, and the one I have used is out of Brighton and won't accept this new insurance.

Is this your first too?

This is my first too.  Small world!

I go to Red Cedar Family Care in Williamston-Dr Keith Nelson.  My husband as well as my mom and dad go there and we all like him a lot.  They also have another doctor and a NP there as well.  I'm pretty sure they take PHP because that's what my parents have but of course make sure you check on your specific plan.

Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• We use MSU peds at the clinical center on campus. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Thanks guys! Monicagail, I'll have to look into that one. Thanks. I was thinking about primary care physicians, b/c I have recently read something that was saying how a growing number of Americans are using ERs for their primary care, and driving up the health care costs. And then I thought, well, gee, that would be me, maybe I should find another pcp.

JoshEllen, thanks too. I have no idea how to really pick a pediatrician, so I'll take all the help I can get. I still have quite awhile to make this decision, but I figured I could get an early start on checking out the possibilities.

• We had em with our pcp for about 6 months and then switched her to a pedi when we were going through some health issues.  There are some things that I think can be better handled by a pedi.  We also had a problem getting one of her vaccines at the pcp.....it was on back order but when we went to the pedi she got it immediately.  Some things are sent ot pedi offices first as a priority.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We will likely use our pcp at the clinical center at MSU.  We may be moving in the summer (no clue where) and will likely try find an actual ped. wherever we end up.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"