Product Recalls

PSA: Massive Maclaren recall

Just got this email from baby bargains, I signed up to get their news alerts!

Breaking news: Maclaren plans to recall 1 million strollers---all its production between 1999 and 2009---after receiving 12 reports of hinges on the stroller that amputated children's fingertips. The company will send out a cover for the hinges to all owners.

The CPSC and Maclaren will issue a press release in the recall this Tuesday; Maclaren began notifying its dealers of the recall in the past couple of days.

Here is the take-home message until the recall is official:

? Stop using all Maclaren strollers right now---yes, every model made since 1999.

? When the recall goes public on Tuesday, order a hinge cover from Maclaren's web site or phone line. (Note: the web site is not live yet as of this writing).

? Wait until you install the hinge cover before using the stroller again.

We will blogging updates on this recall as they develop this week. Click here to read updates:

https://baby411.typepad.com/babybargains/2009/11/recall-massive-maclaren-stroller-recall-coming-this-tuesday.html

Stay tuned,
Denise & Alan Fields
authors, BABY BARGAINS

Re: PSA: Massive Maclaren recall

• Yikes. Thanks for posting.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow, so will that be the biggest stroller recall ever? All their strollers from the past decade...crazy!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for posting!  This is why I can't stay away from the Bump - important info out there!
  • Wow--thank you for posting this.  That's all we use right now, so looks like we'll be making the switch back for awhile.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks so much for posting this!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <3 Watching the snow <3 <br> Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for"
  • AAAAACCCCKKKKK!

Amputation???

Damn. I'm feeling even better about my $12 BRU umbrella stroller.

• imageLoriFalce:

AAAAACCCCKKKKK!

Amputation???

Damn. I'm feeling even better about my $12 BRU umbrella stroller.

you know how pissed I would be if I paid over $100 for a crappy stroller that would cut my kids' fingers off!? I <3 my $10 umbrella.

• I still love my Maclaren. Can I just ask what parent is letting their kid stick their fingers by the hinge while the collapsing the stroller?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • Amputating FINGERS???  Indifferent

And eeeeeeeeeveryone on here told me when I was shopping for an umbrella stroller to suck it up and get a Maclaren.  SO glad I stuck with my cheepo Chicco. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"