Michigan Babies
Options

classes?

I am curious about birthing classes and exploring different birthing methods. Anyone know where I can find information about local birthing classes or lamaze classes?

TIA!

Re: classes?

• Options
    My OB recommended the Expectant Parents' Organization (EPO).  I don't know exactly which methods they cover, but they have several options for prenatal classes.  Their website is: https://www.sparrow.org/epo/
  • Options
    We went to EPO as well.  I found it semi helpful.  My insurance covered the cost so that was nice.  While I applaud those mothers who gave birth without the use of an epidural, I knew that wasn't going to be me.  And I found it annoying that even the majority of the class shared my view, the instructor still frowned and discouraged us from using the epidural. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did the EPO class.....it was OK.  If you hang out on the nest/bump long enough, you learn a lot.  Our class was funny.  I got in trouble for not having a back up ride to the hospital if somehow I couldn't get ahold of DH, because I said I would walk.....we live just over a mile away.  He reply was that my ass was gonna get run over in the middle of michigan avenue when I have a contraction crossing the street. The instructor was great!  She encouraged waiting until about 5cm before an epi.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageLDuane:
    My OB recommended the Expectant Parents' Organization (EPO).  I don't know exactly which methods they cover, but they have several options for prenatal classes.  Their website is: https://www.sparrow.org/epo/

We did this one too.  It was a little helpful, especially about keeping moving...it is better for the progression of labor.  I did not get an epi, so I guess it was better for me (if you get an epi you are regulated to your bed, so no walking around or using a birthing ball, or an other positions to move labor along).  I used the squating position for pushing until DS was right there...I only pushed for 20 minutes, and I think part of that was because I could utilize gravity...if you get an epi, you usually have to be flat on your back, or side.  Good luck! :)

Pregnancy Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We did the EPO class and it was okay.  If I had it to do over again, I would've done the one-day class though.  I really wanted to do a Bradley class, but the timing wasn't right for my due date.  But if you search Bradley on Google, you'll get the official site, as well as contacts for classes in the area.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"