Trouble TTC
Options

not sure if i should worry

so my new husband and i have been togther for 6 years.  in those six years we really havent been to careful when it comes to sex.  he would pull out or whatever and i have not been on the pill in almost four years.  in those years we havent had one scare.  now that we have started trying i worry that because nothing really hasnt happened when we werent trying but not being careful that something is wrong with one of us.  i guess i just want to know if i should start worrying now or should i just take a breath and try for a few months then worry if something really doesnt happen?

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: not sure if i should worry

• Options
    I think you should schedule an appointment with a Reproductive Endocrinologist.
  • Options
    Are you charting your temperature?  This is very important.  I would start there and schedule an appointment with your OB or an RE.  Regardless, start charting first.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You should start charting/temping.  It could just be that somehow you have never done the deed at the right time.  You can figure this out by charting, and reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility.
  • Options

My husband and I have a similar situation.  I have not been on the pill since we started living together (around 4yrs) we were never very careful and we did the pull out method (condoms sometimes) as well.  Once we got married a year ago, we stopped using any form of birth control.  We didn't get pregnant so in June 09 I started charting CM and trying to have sex more frequently etc. recently I started charting temp. as well.  Still nothing.  I asked my doctor and she said that a year of having unprotected sex without pregnancy is treated as infertility. I have just recently started tests to find the possible problem and I'm glad we are doing this now instead of trying for a year before starting tests. So I think you should talk to your doctor and be honest about your "protection" habits and see what she/he suggests. 

G

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"