Austin Babies
Options

She ate RAW Dough--anyone know what to expect?

(of course, I wasn't paying attention) i was on my computer checking emails and getting my day started. Without noticing my dd got into the cinnamon rolls sitting on the counter, waiting to go into the oven. She ate a whole RAW cinnamon roll--the dough!! Any advice on what I can expect? Just an upset tummy? Vomit? Should we stay home this morning? Ugh...TIA...
Jennifer--
imageimageimage

Re: She ate RAW Dough--anyone know what to expect?

• Options

how much did she eat? I grew up tasting all the raw baking stuff like batter and doughs. I never got sick from it.

Now if she ate like a whole roll maybe she'll have an upset tummy.

but I'm not expert :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I ate a ton of raw dough as a kid and never got sick. ?She may not even have an issue. ?g/l!
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think you would only have a problem if your eggs were contaminated with some sort of bacteria like e coli (which is why you are not supposed to eat raw eggs).

I've eaten a ton of raw batter in my life and never gotten sick. I would imagine that your raw dough is probably fine. I wouldn't worry unless she actually gets sick.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That's good enough for me! The only thing is that this dough is the Pillsbury dough--processed sugars, and everything else unhealthy--so I figure it's worse than the cookie or cake dough you make from scratch. BUT, we'll see what happens...We're off!!
    Jennifer--
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I used to sit on my Great Grandmother's kitchen counter when she was making homemade biscuits, and I FREQUENTLY ate 2 biscuits worth of dough.  My son now likes to do the same thing.  She should be fine.
  • Options
    I think you are even safer if it is processed.  (From the egg anyway.)
  • Options
    I always give him son a beater to lick off and sometimes we even eat a spoonful. I think she will be fine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"