Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

PSA: If you've had a loss

Whatever you do, do not watch Orphan.

I watched the first three or four minutes and had to stop it and go throw up.

Re: PSA: If you've had a loss

• Options

This might be an odd question, but what kinda of loss? Like loss of a parent or loss of a child? I am just guessing by the title of the movie is would be loss of a child?

I think I am reading into this too much. 

• Options

Loss of a child.

It's a horrible, horrible beginning of the movie. I have never gotten so upset about a movie in my life.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i wiki the plot of every movie I watch.  It's a good way to keep sane.
  • Options
    Thats what I thought. Thanks for the heads up, I was thinking about watching this someday. Now I know not to, I can't handle stuff like that!
  • Options

I could handle the idea. I couldn't handle the reality of the treatment in the beginning. It's essentially a horror-movie nightmare version of a birth loss.

I love horror movies. This was just a bridge too far.

• Options

i've never had a loss, but i can't take that stuff.  i lost it when jigsaw's wife got hit in the stomach by a doorknob and miscarried in whichever saw movie), so thanks for the heads up.

i don't know if you saw my page this afternoon, but DH and i also were planning on watching "orphan" and "the unborn" tonight (creepy conincidence).  unfortunately DH was too tired and went to bed early, and i'm a wuss.  =]

• Options
    It looked too sick for my taste but than again we all know I am a wimp.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    Skip the movie "Grace" as well.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

When I first read this post, I swore you said not to watch Oprah.  I need glasses.

I read the plot of Orphan online a few weeks ago and I thought the opening sounded bad.  Thanks for the head's up.  I cry easily in movies that have some sort of a loss....like Disney's UP!. I seriously bawled during the first 10 minutes of the movie.

• Options

Could someone clue me in on the beginning? (PM me if you like)

I just read the whole Wiki. Horrible, awful, I could never watch it. But my curiosity is piqued. 

• Options

Moos - I didn't see your page. We've been gone all day with Halloween stuff. That IS a weird coincidence. And I couldn't face Unborn after the Orphan debacle. I moved on to Friday the 13th.

Fran - I had actually read some stuff about it that sounded interesting. I'm kind of bummed that the beginning is keeping me from seeing it.

• Options
    imageLoriFalce:

Fran - I had actually read some stuff about it that sounded interesting. I'm kind of bummed that the beginning is keeping me from seeing it.

I used to watch things like Orphan all the time but lately I'm just too sensitive.  I thing I'm getting corny with age.  I wikied the plot though and it is a great plot.

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options

imagemrsmatto:

Holy crap! I just read the wiki on that!! Wowza, there is NO WAY I would be able to sit thru that movie!

• Options

imagemrsmatto:

That movie.. I have no words. Just read the plot synopsis and I want to throw up.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"