3rd Trimester
Options

those who have dslr's....

what do u recommend??????? right now we have a fancy Fuji point and shot but I want to get something a little bit better to capture pic of this beautiful LO!!!

Re: those who have dslr's....

• Options
    We had a Canon Rebel (bought 4.5 years ago, so there are new models) and a Canon D20 (just as old, so newer models are out) and had great experiences with both.  I went from our DSLR's to a P&S Powershot and it SUCKED.  We just got home from Best Buy to get me a new camera (accidentally threw my P&S in the washer) and got a Canon G11, it's a cross between a DSLR and a P&S.  Haven't messed around with it a whole lot, but seems nice so far, it'll be small enough to throw in the diaper bag, but be so much nicer than my Powershot Elph that I HATED.
  • Options
    DH is in love with his Canon Rebel.
    Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals ChipMonkey 3/19/08 *** Turtle 1/26/10 *** CarBear 10/06/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have Nikons.  I love my D300 - but it's not really an entry level DSLR.  My first DSLR was my Nikon D40 and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a reasonably priced, user friendly DSLR!
    ds #1 | our perfect miracle born 39w1d | 12.9.2009 loss #1 | natural m/c 7/2010 (~8w) loss #2 | chemical pregnancy 6/2011 (4w4d) loss #3 | chemical pregnancy 7/2011 (4w3d) loss #4 | natural m/c 11/2011 (10w1d) RPL Testing 12/2011. Results 100% normal. ds #2 | our 2nd perfect miracle born 36w3d | 12.31.2012
  • Options

Really like my Nikon D60, but if I was going to buy one right now I would have skipped the D60 and gone for the D90.

There's a Photography board now so you might want to XP over there. Some very knowledgeable bumpies on that board. 

siggy should be here!
  • Options
    Canon Rebel.
  • Options
    I have the Nikon D40 and love it!  It's a great starter DSLR and when I started to feel limited by what it came with, I upgraded to a really nice all-purpose lens (with more zoom and vibration reduction) and bought an external flash and with a little help from photoshop I really feel that's all I need.  I can't see any reason why I would ever want to upgrade the camera body itself, although some day I may want to purchase additional lenses.  Then again, I just wanted it to be able to take good pictures of my family and personal travels and am not planning on trying to go pro or anything ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"