Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

PsIP/VENT: should've taken my own pics.

overall the night was pretty sucessful.  DH took DS around ToTing and he filled his little spider-man bucket (we discovered DS REALLY likes reeses peanut butter cups).  i guess the majortity of people thought that he was spider-girl bc of his hair.  i don't care.  i can't cut it yet. Stick out tongue

i was so busy tonight with DD and DS that i trusted MIL to take pics of our little family.  i swear there is not a single good one in the bunch.  DD looks like a blob and there is not one where we were ready for a picture to be taken (and we're not talking cute candids, either). 

this is the only semi-decent one and you can't even see kayleigh's face:

i'll be setting up a makeup halloween shoot tomorrow so i can actually get some decent shots for the rest of the family to see the kids in costume... 

if you want something done right....

Re: PsIP/VENT: should've taken my own pics.

• Options
    That is better than what we got. My poor DD in her glasses can't get ToT pictures because of the flash. I am sure she was doing her best. I think they are cute. I know it is not a photojournalist pro set of pics but you know not everyone has the eye for that. I would have settled for them and having someone to take our pics.
  • Options
    i know i should be grateful that i have any pics from the night of, and i'm sure she didn't do it on purpose, but man.  these are pretty bad and i'm grumpy. =]
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hear ya. I can see wishing I would have taken them myself too. I had something similar happen at DHs officer graduation with MIL and I was so bummed.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member

I know what you mean.  I pretty much trusted other people to take pics of DS's 1st birthday party (you know, so I might actually be in a few and get to enjoy the day).  There are NO good pictures at all.  I am so sad about it.

On the other hand, I'd really like to be in a few pictures (1) in case I get hit by a bus he'll have something to let him know his mom was around and loved him and (2) just in general so there's some record that I was around at all, you know?  I don't want him to look at the pictures later and wonder "where's mom?"  

MIL takes horrible pictures, though. Heads half cut off, not noticing tons of crap in the background, you name it.  Also, I want to shake her sometimes and scream that it's a DIGITAL camera - take 20 pictures. 30. 40.  We don't have to keep them all, and it doesn't cost extra to take more pictures to make sure you get one or two good ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"