Infertility
Options

? about lap surgery

I am having lap surgery done next week because of possible endometriosis. How soon after the surgery do you think we will be able to have sex? The surgery is scheduled for Wednesday and I should ovulate on Saturday.

I chose this board to post this question because I figured a lot of you ladies had probably been through this surgery. 

Thanks!

Re: ? about lap surgery

• Options

I was told we'd have to skip the cycle that I had the lap BUT when I went in for my post-op my RE saw a follie about to O and told me to use it.  We did and lo and behold 9 months later we have our little girl.  I KNOW this isn't the norm and was fully expecting to wait it out a cycle before trying again. 

Good luck to you!  Take it easy after your lap, the worst part of mine was the gas that they use to inflate your belly, it lingers and causes gas pains.  

So blessed to have two beautiful little girls! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Well, due to the large cysts I was told to take 2 months off after my lap.  Plus, I wouldn't of felt like it for a couple weeks anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You will be out this cycle. You will probably not be able to have sex until after your post op due to the risk of infection.
  • Options
    Ditto.  We were told sex was off limits for at least 2 weeks post surgery so you can heal and limit the risk of infection... we had to sit out that cycle completely. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was told I could have sex whenever I felt up to it.  I had the surgery on CD1 and had sex on CD10, but that was as soon as it was comfortable.  No way would I have felt up to it that soon, though.  I'd plan on skipping this month.
  • Options
    Same thing as PP- we were told not to have sex until at least my post-op appointment which was 2 weeks later.  I didn't feel like it for probably 3 weeks.
    Allison born 11/5/2010 (IUI #4 w/ Follistim) Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    According to the party pics taken inside of me during my lap surgery, I had an egg getting ready to release at any moment.  However, it was wasted because I did NOT feel up to anything near my body for days after my surgery.  Unless there is an underlying nedical reason, you should be able to have sex anytime afterwards if you're up to it.  GL!
    Todd & Kristin, 3.10.07

After 5.5 years of loss, heartbreak, and empty arms, our dreams were fulfilled through the beautiful, selfless gift of adoption. We are amazingly blessed!

Blog About Us | Blog About RPL/IF/Adoption

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Honestly, I had my lap further along in my cycle and we ended up chalking it up to a "break". We were also living in a hotel (sounds worse than it is is (house sold fast , new house still under construction)). So not the most conducive to a good time. But I was sore for a week or so.

If you are feeling up to it, my dr did not say to obstain!!

Go for it, they give you the big green light of "uber-fertility" for 6 months. Take advantage!!!!!!!

• Options
    We were told 2 weeks and honestly... I was not in the mood for much longer even though I felt ok after the surgery.  I even O'd 2 weeks post op and wasn't all too bummed about skipping the cycle.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers M: 31 DH: 34 Dx: PCOS, Endo, Uterine Septum Ovarian Wedge Resection - May 2009 BFP #1 - October 2009 = DS BFP #2 - June 2011 = DD (Total Surprise!) Tree nut allergy in DS diagnosed 4/2012. Currently working with EI for SPD and possible ASD.
  • Options
    I was on BCPs for my Lap/hystero cycle,, but I was on complete pelvic rest for a week afterword, not to mention I was way too sore to even think about it.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    Both laps I was told no action for 2 weeks post-op due to risk of infection. The recent lap was on CD 4 and I still haven't gotten AF yet - it's now CD 42....so the lap can definitely mess with your cycle anyway. GL!
    B/G twins!
  • Options
    I was told to just treat the cycle I had a lap as a throw-away cycle. I'm sure it screwed with my body anyways since my cycle that month ended up only being 23 days, instead of the usual 28/29. I was also warned to use protection during that cycle leading up to the lap since the RE didn't want any chance that I was pregnant during the procedure.
    Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We were also told to wait two weeks.  I was supposed to ovulate about a week after the procedure but it moved everything up anyway.  No way was I having sex the day after!
    TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We were able to "try" the same cycle of my lap becuase my fertile period was 7 days post surgery.  I still don't think I was totally healed and was so nervous during it, but I just wanted to try so badly.  But RE said we were okay to try!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"