Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Eat candy all at once or small amount per day...

What is your theory for Halloween candy? Do you let you DC eat all the candy at once, sugar high, crash and then be done with it? Or do you let them have a few pieces each day?

I will probably go with the first. Then all the candy is gone and I only have to hear the whining for one day.  Or maybe I will just eat it all when he is in bed... j/k.

Re: Eat candy all at once or small amount per day...

• Options
    K had one piece of candy today after tot'ing. Tomorrow, if she asks, she can have one...bit after that it may just be all gone. ;) I personally would not let her eat it all at once.
  • Options
    Small amount per day.  She'd eat herself sick if she could.  So I have to exercise the judgement that she's just not capable of at this point (at 2 she can't understand the eating yourself sick concept).  Later on, when she is older, I may go to the former but otherwise, I'll dole it out.  And much of it will disappear in the meantime (spread out between DH, myself and the garbage can).

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Loading the player...
  • Options

if my kid ate ALL the halloween candy he would be .... well, it wouldn't be possible.  we have tons!  (maybe 3 pumpkin sizes full).  we had multiple halloween festivities, plus trick-or-treating (generous neighbors - only a few houses), plus 'gifts' from relatives....

in my opinion, halloween w/a 2 year old = candy for the parents.  i'm TOTALLY eating whatever i want of 'his' candy - he has no idea.  if i put it out of site he would forget all about tomorrow (well, maybe by monday anyway). 

so, i'll spread it out - (and i'll *hopefully* spread it out for me too!)

• Options
    A little yesterday, maybe a piece today and that's it!
  • Options
    Spread it out. Only thing I really will let dd have of her candy is the smarties and peanutbutter cups. The rest is too hard for her anyway so it will also disappear between, dh, myself, garbage can, and i will take it to work for the candy jar. :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My son had a couple pieces last night. I'm sure I'll let him have a piece today. The rest I will trash or take to our office. I figure just because he was given the candy doesn't mean I should give it all to him.
  • Options

we have too much for 1 day.  It is about 1/2 pumpkin full.  he would get too sick. 

we limit to 2 pieces a day, late morning, and mid-aftermoon. 

It will probably take a few days to get through it, even with DH and I eating it all day and evening!! 

• Options

imagePesky:
    Small amount per day.  She'd eat herself sick if she could.  So I have to exercise the judgement that she's just not capable of at this point (at 2 she can't understand the eating yourself sick concept).  Later on, when she is older, I may go to the former but otherwise, I'll dole it out.  And much of it will disappear in the meantime (spread out between DH, myself and the garbage can).

This. DD will get a piece for dessert each night, but in the meantime I know some will go to DH and I- and the garbage if it's gross candy ;) DD is 2 1/2 so she doesn't know, plus there's no way she'd know her limits- she'd eat until she felt sick.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I've already gone thought it...as I have every year with each DC.  I take out what I know they won't eat or would be a choking hazzard.  They had several pieces last night and a few today.   They will get them for "dessert" and certain ones for "bribes".  I'll eat some too.   My DH eats no sugar.

My SIL used to allow her kids one piece each day and it lasted forever.  She used to joke that she still had Halloween candy from the year before and I'm sure she did.  I wouldn't want to keep it around that long.

BTW...stuff they won't eat and hard candies my DH takes into the office.  Most of them don't have kids so they devour the stuff.  You'd think they never had sugar!  lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"