Infertility
Options

Didn't think I hated all holidays

I never knew Halloween would be hard for me. Last Halloween I had my first failed clomid TI cycle. I handled it well because I was still so hopeful.

Today was so hard because we are now on a break. I am laid off, and I am doing Lupron for 3 months for Endo.I am just waiting to get job so I can start IVF. Wow, has a lot changed in a year!

We had over 250 kids. My parents were here and I felt so bad for them not having grandchildren of their own to see. I hate IF so much!!

I am thinking about all of you girls today who are going through this with me. It is not fair!!

Re: Didn't think I hated all holidays

• Options

Yeah, kinda with you there.  I didn't think halloween would make me feel sad, but it does. 

I guess all the little ones in their little costumes looking all cute. 

I'll admit it.

I'm jealous. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

it certainly is so normal to be jealous. after all, it seems that all the holidays are child-centered. 

we have so few trick or treaters. my neighbors across the street are practically the only neighbors that come trick or treating the past few years and i even feel apart after they left. i didn't even answer the door (my dh did) as i had a cold, but i did peak outside the window as they left. what a cute family! 

we are friendly and say 'HI." but not close at all. i just can't see myself being friends, as we've been waiting so long to have kids and they already have two.  i'm such an outcast and i hate it.  it's just too hard for me to be around children all the time when i've been waiting forever to have my own!  IF sucks!...

After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Holidays are so hard. ?Last Halloween I was so hopefully we could have our baby or at least be pregnant. ?We had been trying for 5 months and were hoping for that BFP, which has still yet to be seen. ?Now Halloween is just a reminder of how much IF sucks.
  • Options
    imageAlie05:

Yeah, kinda with you there.  I didn't think halloween would make me feel sad, but it does. 

I guess all the little ones in their little costumes looking all cute. 

I'll admit it.

I'm jealous. 

This. I hate that jealous feeling, but it's there.

• Options
    imagemvp12:

My parents were here and I felt so bad for them not having grandchildren of their own to see. I hate IF so much!!

this is one of the hardest parts of holidays for me.

::hugs:: to you tonight!

S/PAIFW
    Tara & Dave - TTC since September 2006
    PCOS - dx 1999 (amenorrhea) | freakishly long fallopian tubes
    Hypoglycemic | thyroid issues | severely anemic
    Multiple Clomid cycles of 50, 100, 150 - absolutely no response
    Follistim 50/100 | Follistim 75/125 | Follistim 100/150 IUI - all BFNs
    Converted IVF - BFP - m/c | FET - BFN | IVF #2 = BFN
    IVF #3
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm not a big fan anymore.  Obviously this is a kid-centered holiday and yup - no kids here!  It's seriously depressing.  Can't wait to be on facebook tomorrow when all the mommies post their pics ... 

IVF #1 = BFP!! So blessed to have our baby boy! IVF #2 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! IVF #3 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! FET #1 = 8/14, Two transferred, One stuck! Praying for another healthy miracle! Due: 5/2/13 imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I can totally relate. I didn't do too badly for Halloween, but I know Christmas will be really hard this year. Hang in there, hun. We're all in this together. ::hugs::
  • Options

I definitely know how you feel...I felt miserable today...atleast my adorable niece and nephew came over to surprise us...I may not have kids of my own, but I atleast get to borrow them now and then...and that's better than nothing. Smile

here's to next year...[for all of us]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"