Parenting
Options

My freaky story :)

DH and I love vintage houses.  So much charm and history.  We owned one built in 1900 that we've never gotten weird vibes in.  (Many that we checked out, we crossed off the list b/c of the eerie feelings that came with place.)  The kids' bedrooms were on the first floor, ours was on the second.  One night, after we'd lived there over a year, I woke up to hearing DS absolutely freaking out downstairs.  I ran down to him and found him crying and despite his limited 2year old speech, he kept repeating "MAN! MAN!" while pointing to the side of the other twin bed in his room.  The bed was next to the window that had closed blinds but I looked around outside and maybe thought our neightbor was walking through the yard or something.  But DS was saying it was on the side of the bed.  I calmed him down and wanted to bring him up to our room, but he was reluctant to leave and almost wanted to be with the "man".  Thinking it could be someone I knew, I asked if he wanted to say "goodbye" to it.  He went over and tried to hug it.  Through the night and for many days following he would occasionally mention "man" but never again freaked out.

After this incident, I would occasionally hear DS coming up the steps into our room (he would get out of bed, and climb the creaky steps sometimes several times throughout the night).  A couple of those times, I threw the covers off of me and trudged over to the top of the steps, taking a deep breath to yell down for him to get in bed.... only to let all that air out again when I saw no one there.  I went and checked on him and he was still in his bed fast asleep, his creaky door closed, covers on and everything.  No way he could've gotten out and back in.  Same happened when I was laying on the sofa a few feet from DS's door and heard DS twalking across the wood floors up to where I was laying - and there was no one there.  I think he had a couple out of body experiences.  (My DH had some too when he was DS's age.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"