Philadelphia Babies
Options

Has Anyone Given Birth at Hahnemann Hospital?

Hello,

I am 12 weeks pregnant, and currently seeking care at Hahnemann Hospital at the Drexel Center for Women. I originally went there to seek help in getting medical aid. I lost my health insurance 2 years ago when I graduated from college. The staff at the Center for women are very friendly and kind and have helped me get insurance, but I usually wait about two hours to finally see the doctor for each of my prenatal visits. I sometimes feel like just another number considering the high volume of young women they see a day. Has anyone delivered their baby at this hospital or know someone who has? I have read mixed reviews, so I would like to hear firsthand what others think about their maternity facilities and Obstetrics services.

P.S. I tried getting an appointment at Pennsylvania Hospital at the Women?s First Practice last week, but the rude receptionist told me I would be to far along to switch doctors by the time I could get in ( I would be 18 weeks). Which I think is ridiculous. So I may be stuck at Hahnemann. Has any one switched doctors this late?

Thank you, I would really appreciate your opinions! 

Re: Has Anyone Given Birth at Hahnemann Hospital?

• Options
    You can switch doctor's anytime you want!!!  I am nurse and had clinicals at Hahnemann, to be honest it's not my favorite hospital.  I used to go to a practice at Pennsy and see Dr. Anderson and Dr. Elias.  They may take you.  The practice is Mellon and Nemiroff.  Good Luck!!
  • Options

I delivered at Hahnemann and was so pleased with my experience. I used the Drexel OB/GYN Associates practice. I looked online and it seems the doctors at the Center are not the same. However, I loved the care I received at the hospital from everyone including the nurses and midwives, to the doctor who delivered my daughter. I will absolutely use the same practice and deliver again at Hahnemann for any future babies!

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you might have.

Best Wishes!
    -Meredith

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"