Two Under 2
Options

Night one in twin bed

Night #1 of transitioning Natalie from her crib to a twin bed wasn't too bad. She did cry which I wasn't expecting (I figured she'd just get out of the bed) but I think it was because I had put a nightlight in her new room (moved her from the nursery to another bedroom) -- Turns out she doesn't like having a nightlight on.  I had thought she might like the nightlight since she still had the rainforest crib soother in her crib that she would turn on at night occassionally and when falling asleep.  After we took the light out and rocked her for a few minutes, she was fine and went to sleep -- and she didn't get out of the bed. We'll see how nap time and bedtime goes tomorrow.
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Night one in twin bed

• Options
    I am very curious to see how everything goes for you. We are planning on doing the transition when my son is 19 months and I am so nervous! He is such a great 12-hour sleeper and I don't want to mess with that! We need the crib for the baby so hopefully it will go as well as it has so far for you.
  • Options

Wow! You are brave!! I hope it works out for you =)

I can just picture DS wandering aimlessly around his bedroom if we tried it, lol. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemarried06:
    I am very curious to see how everything goes for you. We are planning on doing the transition when my son is 19 months and I am so nervous! He is such a great 12-hour sleeper and I don't want to mess with that! We need the crib for the baby so hopefully it will go as well as it has so far for you.

So far things have been going well.  She went down for her nap without any issues and actually slept for 2 hours 20 min (usually it's only about an hour and half in the crib).  Tonight for bed, she went down with no problems.  I'm thrilled how things are going.  I'm sure we'll have moments to work through once she figures out she can get out of bed but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

what is she doing when she wakes up?  Does she get up and out of bed or what?  Is the twin bed mattress just on the floor or on a frame?

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"