Upstate NY Babies
Options

thermometer recs please

What kind do you have? 

We have 2 and I don't trust either one to be 100% although I do think they get in the right ball park.  The Especially for Baby one takes several tries to get it to take an underarm reading and ends up annoying me and DD and the Thermofocus non-contact kind my Dad gave is more gadgety (but I'd like to think it's accurate bc it's so much easier).

Re: thermometer recs please

• Options
    i have a walgreens underarm/oral/rectal thermometer. we also have a vicks foreheard thermometer and it sucks.  i have never gotten an accurate reading.
  • Options
    The doc again reminded us that a rectal offers the most accurate reading....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have this one from Safety First, it can be used for oral, rectal, underarm, and bath temp tester (we have not used it for that). It also reads in 5 sec! I got in the baby section at Walmart, they (Safety First) have several different ones.

The fast reading is a must in my opinion. We had one that took a minute, that is waaaay too long in baby land!

• Options

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2266320

This is the one we have now.  It's our third type, and I've been happiest with this one.  Fast read, and I love that you can't put it in too far.

• Options
    We have a Vicks one that can be used oral/underarm/rectal.  It gives us a pretty quick reading and changes color based on the temperature. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have 4 and I don't love any of them.. We have a pacifier one that is the easiest, but she has to be in the mood for it cuz it takes a minute.. I have an ear one.. but it never seems accurate.. then I have two underarm/rectal ones (I have only ever attempted underarm.. I can't keep her still long enough to keep it under her arm.. I can't imagine keeping her still to take it rectally.. plus they always take her temp under her arm at the dr..).. but they both take way too long and like i said.. its hard to keep her still enough for me to believe its accurate..

I may have to get that 5 second one that Sandi posted.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"