Preemies
Options

Brandon Had His Swine Flu Shot

Brandon got his first swine flu shot today. He goes back in 21-28 days for the second one. I am so glad he had it, especially since I teach kindergarten and I was so afraid of catching it and giving it to him. There are several kids in my school with the swine flu and several other people I know who either have the swine flu or whose kids have it. My husband also had the shot today and I will get it next week when I am off. Brandon didn't even notice that he got the shot because he was so interested in everything on the nurse's desk.
Conceived twins with IVF January 2008. Lost baby a at 20 1/2 weeks due to premature rupture of membranes and held onto baby b. Baby b (Brandon) born at 26 weeks and 1 day on July 5, 2008. Wesley born full term on June 29, 2011. My blog http://karenandstu.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image

Re: Brandon Had His Swine Flu Shot

• Options
    That's great!  I hope we can get ours soon.  Everyone we know is sick and I'm getting nervous.
  • Options

That's great! We got to the regular flu shot...still waiting for the swine flu

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad he got it.  I know it must be such a relief to you.
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • Options

That's great! I hope we can find the shots soon.

I heard on the radio today that the WHO determined that kiddos only need 1 dose of the shot for full protection, and the CDC is reviewing the WHO's report... there's a real possibility that the CDC is going to change the recommendation in the next few weeks. It would be nice if they only needed one shot, no?

• Options
    imageMrs. Destructo:

That's great! I hope we can find the shots soon.

I heard on the radio today that the WHO determined that kiddos only need 1 dose of the shot for full protection, and the CDC is reviewing the WHO's report... there's a real possibility that the CDC is going to change the recommendation in the next few weeks. It would be nice if they only needed one shot, no?

I hadn't heard that, thanks for sharing.  I feel like if they have had a flu shot before that they shouldn't need a second dose of the H1N1. 

Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"