Stay at Home Moms
Options

Ugh, I hate mischef night

I put the garbage cans in the garage, all the lights are on outside. Lets hope we still have a mailbox in the morning.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Ugh, I hate mischef night

• Options

I love living rural and having no neighbors for this exact reason!!

GL tonight =)

• Options
    we did the same thing-here's hoping nothing eventful happens!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JCMJCM member
    Hmmm, never hear of it so I Googled it and it's not something we do here in TX.  Interesting...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageJCM:
    Hmmm, never hear of it so I Googled it and it's not something we do here in TX.  Interesting...

be glad , it is a dumb tradition

• Options

When I lived near my hometown that kind of crap happened all the time, not sure how many times we had to replace our mailbox.  One time it happened while I was home on lunch...I pulled in, grabbed the mail, ate quick and left 30 minutes later.  Went down the driveway and the box was totally smashed Sad Luckily they caught the brats that did it and they had to go to each home and pay for replacement of the mailbox and apologize. 

Good luck!!

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've never heard of this either. Maybe we're just lucky and it doesn't happen here, or maybe I'm just unaware.

Is it a new thing?

I'll leave the lights on just in case! 

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Options
    imagehayleydeee:

I've never heard of this either. Maybe we're just lucky and it doesn't happen here, or maybe I'm just unaware.

Is it a new thing?

I'll leave the lights on just in case! 

No its not new. Its a stupid old tradition that dates back to England. Its more common in the Northeast. I hear it is really bad in England on Mischief night. From what I hear, it was worst back in 70s- kids would throw eggs at house windows and pour paint remover on cars. Bad awful stuff. Stores around here still don't sell eggs to teenage kids in the week leading up to Mischief Night, there are signs up at the stores.

We got lucky and just had toilet paper and shaving cream on the lawn, but I just hate it. Is a stupid tradition, and it bothers me more that parents are out with their kids while they do this. Kinda like that "its OK, I'm with them mentatlity" which I don't get. I don't think its right at all to show your kids that it is ok to deface or make a mess of other people's property- who has to clean it up the next day?!?! Not the kids who made the mess, the home owners.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"