Washington Babies
Options

Flame Free Confessions!!!

Sorry I'm late -- have a great Halloween ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Flame Free Confessions!!!

• Options
    I really want to go to this Halloween party that we were invited to tonight but my husband refuses to dress up. Plus we do not have a baby sitter! Oh just had a great idea, I will go and leave John with the kids. Hum????
  • Options
    Katia, that's a great idea! Hey, he doesn't want to dress up, he can hang out at home with the girls and Mama can have a night out!
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All I really want for Christmas is a Nikon DSLR. I have made this known but realistically even if everyone pooled, I doubt I would get it. I totally understand because I know they are pricey, and I also know MIL wants everyone to have lots of presents to open. But I would be totally fine with just one present if that was it! So I guess my confession is I will be just a teensy bit disappointed if there isn't a camera under the tree.
  • Options

DH's grandmother has refused (she told us to rent a hotel if it happens) to let us stay in her furnished basement (with a separate entrance) should we flood badly enough to be out of our home for several weeks because she doesn't want to feel that she has to "host" us.  After we told her that we'd (a) pay her utilities (b) take over cleaning the entire house and (c) cook for her every night.

While I'm just shocked she said no (family turning down other family in need just doesn't compute with me when the family in need is not crazy or irresponsible, but a victim of a natural disaster), I'm secretly relieved.  Now we won't get any grief from MIL when we choose to stay with other family members AND I won't have to deal with seeing MIL on a daily basis.  She's up at Grandma's house every evening, all evening long, because she lives across the street.

• Options

I couldn't get back to sleep for like 90 mins this morning (after an early morning potty break) b/c I was preoccupied thinking about having maternity and newborn pics some day.  WTF?  I'm def not even pg.

I'm glad I can take Midol for my stupid backaches and bloating now.  Hurry up, AF; I'm tired of your PMS henchmen. :-P

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options

While I joke about total family domination, I am (not so) secretly pleased that MIL and aunt in law tend to defer to me regarding family issues and social scheduling.  I?m a matriarch in the making.

• Options

I got an email this morning from a rep and he addressed it with "hey girls!" It took every fiber of my being not to get my b!tch on, because seriously, if you want me to push through a buy for your radio station, treat me like a professional! I am not your girl, do not call me that.

I've been battling some depression the last few weeks and I feel terrible about it and am quite worried about PPD.  My body doesn't react well to major hormone changes and it scares me. 

There are some rice crispy treats in the kitchen that were left uncovered overnight and are probably stale, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up eating 1 or 2 anyway.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I want broccolli chedder soup and a tuna fish sandwich so bad I can taste it.

I don't want to tell the ILs we're pregnant this weekend because it means we'll have to hang round their house far too long and I feel like crap and don't want to eat their food.

• Options

DH slept on the couch last night, and I got the whole bed to myself. I haven't slept that well in 6 months, even with the multiple Max wakeups. I think I will have him sleep on the couch, every night, until I shake this cold.

I lost 5 lbs, and I want to celebrate by eating a pizza. (I won't though)

I left the oven racks, to our old apartment oven, on the porch and I still haven't called the landlord to tell him. I don't know if I will get around to it. Whoops.

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options

My breakfast consisted of: Breve latte, Apple fritter

Snack was bite sized:  butterfinger, kit kat, twix, and M&Ms (plain and peanut)

Lunch will be Ezell's chicken, mashed potatoes and pie.

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    I ate nearly an entire bag of pita chips and mike and ikes while watching the Real Housewives of Atlanta reunion special. I love drama (and eating!) Big Smile

• Options

imagekeri1013:
    All I really want for Christmas is a Nikon DSLR. I have made this known but realistically even if everyone pooled, I doubt I would get it. I totally understand because I know they are pricey, and I also know MIL wants everyone to have lots of presents to open. But I would be totally fine with just one present if that was it! So I guess my confession is I will be just a teensy bit disappointed if there isn't a camera under the tree.

This! Exactly! I want a DSLR too, but I know I won't get it. I'm going to wind up with stinky lotion and stuff I won't use from the IL's and a bunch of cute little things from my family. UGH!

My other confession is that my MIL threw a total sh*tfit a week ago because we didn't stop in on our way home from Seattle (we were on a major time crunch to get back to Eugene) and now DH wants to spend a couple extra days in Portland to make her family happy - I want to tell my MIL to shove it. I would also rather sit in the SeaDome at the Seattle Aquarium (the very thought gives me serious anxiety) than spend time with my MIL.

photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DH and I just had a tearful discussion (well, I was tearful anyways) about work and babies and degrees.  I'm frustrated that for over a year he's been talking about getting a non-sh*t pay job and he was supposed to have his Master's by now, yet he's still working a horrible job, won't graduate until at least June and as talking about switching programs or taking fewer classes each quarter so as to put it off even longer (admittedly so that he could get a better job.)  And all I can think is that I'm stuck in my job that's so far not very rewarding (financially or personally) and all I want is to have a family and get to be a SAHM and be more financially secure...and if AF shows up this weekend maybe we shouldn't keep trying.  I'm pushing 30 and my bio clock is raging, and poor DH tells me I'm the best thing that's ever happened to him and he can't live without me, but I feel like I'm not letting him be the 25 year old grad student he is because of my selfishness to not want to work and just be a SAHM.  And it makes me really not like myself very much right now.

image Visit The Nest!

• Options
    I'm keeping something from my husband until he gets home...in 10 days.
    Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • Options

imageMrsAmyB:

BFP?????? 

• Options

imageMrsAmyB:

Surprise

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options

I was bored with my old nest name so I created a new account, and now I can't use it for two days to avoid "spam" - lame! But it will be TwinMommy09, i'm pretty excited about it. lol, it's the little things people. ;)

imageJRS72206:

imageMrsAmyB:

BFP?????? 

Ooooh I can't wait to find out! BFP is a good guess... :)

• Options

imageMrsAmyB:

runs off to look at PG/TTC checkin... :0

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I ate cold pizza for breakfast and enjoyed every minute.  Tonight I am going out with my BFF and we will be getting Trophy cupcakes.  Guaranteed.

I think I'm going to take a break from the boards, including this one, if we don't get a BFP this cycle.  Although I adore the girls on this board, it's just too hard.

• Options

I ate a bag of m&ms yesterday even though they weren't very satisfying... (chocolate leaves a bad aftertaste these days)

I'm ready to be done with work - I feel like I can't think anymore.  Might just make next Friday my last day and burn through sick leave + vacation till the baby comes.

The reality of the baby coming has me a bit sad about various "lasts" - last weekend of just the two of us, last dinner out, last day of work (ok only kinda sad about that one) etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imageJRS72206:

imageMrsAmyB:

BFP?????? 

Ha!  I wish! :)

Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • Options
    imagemishquiche:

I ate cold pizza for breakfast and enjoyed every minute.  Tonight I am going out with my BFF and we will be getting Trophy cupcakes.  Guaranteed.

I think I'm going to take a break from the boards, including this one, if we don't get a BFP this cycle.  Although I adore the girls on this board, it's just too hard.

Misha, selfishly I really hope you don't go! You would really be missed around here. Of course I totally understand needing a break and you need to do what's best for you, but I'll just selfishly say: Please don't go!!

• Options
    one more!!

I cannot stop listening to '3' by Britney Spears on itunes...I love the BEAT...not the words Embarrassed
    Is it bad that my kids and I are dancing to it??

1, 2, 3
    Not only you and me
    Got one eighty degrees
    And I'm caught in between
    Countin'
    1, 2, 3
    Peter, Paul & Mary
    Gettin' down with 3P.......

Music::dances out of room:: Music
  • Options

imagemishquiche:
    Misha, I know how you feel/why you'd feel like that. I have days where it's super hard and I can't read any of the posts. The thing getting me is it is November on Sunday. TJ and I started trying last November. I'm having a really hard time with that right now. :(

I will say, like Keri did, that selfishly I hope you don't go or don't stay away too long! We'd miss you terribly!

TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I gave Evie a donut for breakfast and let her watch 2 hours of t.v.  Then I sat on the couch with the rest of the box of donuts and a Diet Coke.  Happy Friday to me:).
  • Options

ITA with Jen and keri, Misha.   We'd definitely miss you.  If you do leave, you'll still be on FB, right? Stick out tongue

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    imagekeri1013:
    imagemishquiche:

Misha, selfishly I really hope you don't go! You would really be missed around here. Of course I totally understand needing a break and you need to do what's best for you, but I'll just selfishly say: Please don't go!!

Ditto.  That just means you'll have to get a BFP this month:).

• Options
    My confession is that I cancelled my gyno appointment today (annual) and moved it to December mainly because I'd have had to be in Seattle by 10 and Collin was up on and off until 3 teething and eating and whamming (and therefore giving me a headache), but also because I, uh, don't want to be weighed. It will just piss me off, and I want to go to the Cheesecake Factory guilt-free tonight. No one starts a diet on Halloween weekend, right? 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemishquiche:

You BETTER get a BFP then!!!!!

CryingWhile I totally understand this, it makes me sad. Will you at least be on FB, so that I can check in on you?

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options

I'm saving up all of my extra WW points to pig out at a Halloween party tomorrow night. I plan on eating a few pieces of candy and drinking copious amounts of booze just b/c I can!

I'm having a hard time coping with the fact that November will be our 1 year mark of TTC.

I am currently trying to think of reasons to go home early. I know I'm going to work a lot of OT next week (unpaid since I'm salary) and I'd like to start my weekend now!

I'm POed at one of my people for sending an angry person to another place for another manager to deal with it. They called asking why I didn't take care of it. Well, hell, if I had known about it I would have dealt with it. Now I look like a jerk.

TTC #1 Sept 2008
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
  • Options
    I'm watching Degrassi Halloween specials I didn't know existed.  So fun!

• Options
    Don't go, Misha :(  (Though I'd understand)
  • Options

imagemishquiche:

Oh, Misha, I know it can be so hard.  I'm really sorry and I'm keeping everything I can crossed for you to get your BFP this cycle!!!  I would miss your posts, but I definitely understand.  You have my email, if you want to chat. 

• Options
    Since I got on the scale on Tuesday and realized that I hit my post-pregnancy goal weight, I totally fell off the wagon. I skipped the gym yesterday and ate about 20 chocolate/caramel covered macadamia nuts.
  • Options

I keep putting off sharing my pregnancy with one of my friends. She is one of those friends who can be really great, but is also EXTREMELY opinionated and judgmental. I know she'll be happy for me, but I'm bracing myself for six more months of unsolicited opinions on my choices regarding my pregnancy and baby. I feel really guilty for feeling this way because I know she always has my best interest in mind, and doesn't even realize how bossy she comes across. I know, I'm a complete chicken and I've given myself a deadline of Monday to tell her!

Rachael and Tim - est. 10.2.04 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I just had two crack/meth/SOMETHING heads at my desk. They were twitchy and itchy and one even fell asleep when I stepped away from my desk for about 10 seconds. I am not exaggerating.

I did not wait for them to leave prior to grabbing the Lysol and spraying my office down.

TTC #1 Sept 2008
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
  • Options
    A coworker brought in a small tin of dark chocolate that shockingly I could have (no dairy or corn syrup) and left it in the breakroom for everyone to share. Since AF reared her ugly head today, I helped myself to almost all of them, and I don't feel one bit guilty since I can't ever have the treats people bring in! Speaking of AF, she signals the start of cycle 7, coincidentally the same day that two of my friends from high school announced their pregnances in a rare group update email. I'm beyond stoked for them, but selfishly alsoa bit discouraged for me. Stupid always sick body, you've got to pull yourself together!!!
    Married ~ August 5, 2006 I Welcomed our baby girl March 16, 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMcJen715:

I just had two crack/meth/SOMETHING heads at my desk. They were twitchy and itchy and one even fell asleep when I stepped away from my desk for about 10 seconds. I am not exaggerating.

I did not wait for them to leave prior to grabbing the Lysol and spraying my office down.

Ew!  Fun. No What do you do?

imagePurvalicious:
    Speaking of AF, she signals the start of cycle 7, coincidentally the same day that two of my friends from high school announced their pregnances in a rare group update email. I'm beyond stoked for them, but selfishly alsoa bit discouraged for me. Stupid always sick body, you've got to pull yourself together!!!

Hugs!

I'm watching a Baby Story episode (big surprise) and there's a woman acting as surrogate for her sister.  I realize what a huge gift/sacrifice that is, but I just can't fathom the idea.  It works for some families, and that's great that it's an option.  For me, I would have a very hard time watching someone else carry my child. 

• Options
    imageMrsH_08:

I'm watching a Baby Story episode (big surprise) and there's a woman acting as surrogate for her sister.  I realize what a huge gift/sacrifice that is, but I just can't fathom the idea.  It works for some families, and that's great that it's an option.  For me, I would have a very hard time watching someone else carry my child. 

I'm also amazed by this idea. My sister has said on a number of occasions in the past few years that if I can't get PG, she'd be my surrogate. I can't even comprehend how I would thank her for that sacrifice. I'm hoping it doesn't ever get to that point, but it definitely made me tear up thinking about how much she must live me to even offer. Gah, there I go tearing up! Damn AF Stick out tongue

Married ~ August 5, 2006 I Welcomed our baby girl March 16, 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DH didn't come home until 8am on SUnday morning after the Sounders game on Sat night.  1 call at 2:30 to tell me he went out to B'fast with the guys. He left for the game 3 hours early to "pre-funk" and didn't say he was going out after the game at all.  Didn't answer his phone when I called it 100times between 2 and 8am. 

I think I'm going to milk this one for a new Coach wallet AND a foil at GJ.  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"