Breastfeeding
Options

Why am I having such a hard time...

My DD is nine months old, i have EBF this whole time while pumping at work.  She has never had formula.  In the past month or so, she seems to be losing interest in BFing, easily being distracted and sometimes playing while nursing.  On top of that, my supply has taken a hit since i finally got my first post-p period last month.  I'm starting to realize that now might be a good time to start weaning her, but I am having such a hard time with the decision.  Its purely selfish reasons...but everytime i think about weaning, i get a pit in my stomach!  soo dumb i know...did anyone else feel this way??

Re: Why am I having such a hard time...

• Options
    My DD has been nursing like this for the past 3 months.  We're pretty much bottle feeding during the day and only nursing at night b/c she gets so distracted while eating.  So, I've become like a 90% pumper.  I feel the same way, but at this point, you need to do what works best for you both.  Think about what a good job you've done so far.  I promise, she'll be ok either way!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I think nearly everyone feels a bit of sadness when they either stop or just thinking about stopping bfing. It's a normal thing, it's a change that kind of made me feel like my son was growing up.

It is possible that because she's eating solids now (I'm assuming) that she may not need to nurse or drink as much/often. How much milk do you think she gets a day? Talk to your Dr about how much she needs...?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"