Secondary IF
Options

Birth control and 2IF? (Preg. mentioned)

DH and I are discussing birth control after this one. It is a tough conversation because I think that two children will be a lot for a while. I think that for certain we want more eventually, and really with me there is no reason to get on the pill....

I dont usually ovulate on my own, or at least get pregnant on my own, and I feel like it would be a shame to prevent "that one" that could happen on it's own. I also feel like being off the pill and even though we are not, and should not be, trying, I will always feel a little disappointed when I get AF. What are thoughts on this? After you have your second or third, will you be on some form of BC, or will you let whatever happens happen?

Re: Birth control and 2IF? (Preg. mentioned)

• Options
    That's a tough call.  We knew we wanted more after DD, so I didn't get back on the pill.  The first 6 or so months after her birth weren't an issue for us because sex still hurt too much (poor DH).  After that, we didn't want to completely prevent so we used a spermicide.  Once we were in our comfort zone with DD, we eliminated that.  If we are able to have another LO, I think DH is going to insist on a vasectomy.  :( 
    imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise
  • Options

I don't know what we will do.  If i do prevent, it is going to be just to straighten out my cycles.  I don't O and i don't get AF often.  maybe 2x a year.  As much as that sounds fine with me, my OB told me that he wants me to have AF at least every 4 months.

DH is against a vasectomy (i have no idea why) so i told him that if i don't go on BCP whatever happens happens.

This is all with the assumption of course, that i can get pg again! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do not plan to go back on the pill.  Although we won't be trying right away if by some miracle I ovulated and got pregnant I would still be overjoyed and amazed.  But I don't see that happening... I know it will be hard though not paying attention to my cycles and stuff...at least for awhile.  But I am sure I will get over that analyzing eventually right?  That is our plan...
    Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Options
    I am pretty certain we are done after this and I will be having a hysterectomy when I'm done nursing the next little one(s).  I can't deal with hormonal BC well, and I'm not doing Lupron therapy again.  If for some odd reason we get close to the day we need to decide for sure, and I am considering doing this again, we won't prevent.  DD was a puch prayed for miracle, so I know it can happen, but the likelihood it will just isn't there.
  • Options
    Well I have always wanted to adopt #3.  I have never been on the pill, I only used barrier methods.  Then we had to learn NFP as part of our premarital counseling. I have been charting for a long time.  So hypothetically after #2 I think I would continue to chart and abstain during the fertile time until #2 was at least a year.  And then I won't worry about charting or bc.  I frankly think it would be a waste of my time.  Dh's only concern is that if we get a surprise 8-10 yrs later he doesn't want to be an "old" dad.  I think the chances of that happening are slim, we hit menopause early in my family. Wink
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Well, we came to the decision that 2 kids is our stopping point. Between the m/c's and dealing with IF, I think we just got worn out TTC this last one. Plus there are many benefits to having only 2!

That said, DH is going to, at some point in the near future, be getting snipped. He keeps saying he's going to make an appt with the dr- I think he's a little reluctant. But I've had two surgeries and countless other procedures done to my nether regions, and it's his turn, dammit. Unless I get a c-section for some reason- I wonder if they could just tie up the other tube while they were in there if that was the case. lol

• Options
    Should I ever get PG again (which is seeming unlikely lately), I'll try a mirena after, I think. I had a Paraguard before, but the hormones would be good for my endo.  If that doesn't work, I'll have no choice but the pill, which I don't really like.
  • Options
    no birth control for us! I haven't taken anything since before my first son and obviously, never got pregnant "by accident" and through the years  have learned to know my body and when I ovulate!
  • Options
    We are not going to do birthcontrol either. I dont ovulate on my own and rarely on meds, also we want more. We are going to just wait with no BC after #2 and if we get a surprise BFP that will be amazing!! If not, we will persue IF treatment again when we are ready.
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"