Preemies
Options

Sam is sick, too.

Thank goodness we went to the dr.  He had had a runny nose and was sounding a bit congested with a cough since last Friday night.  I decided to call the dr. just to be safe (as he didn't have a fever, thank goodness), and he was diagnosed with an ear infection and strep throat! Only 2 days of in-home day care a week and he has gotten sick twice this month.  This is the worst so far, though.  Anyone's LO been on amoxicillin?  That's what they put him on.  He's on Tylenol for the pain, but he's still looking pretty sick and in pain.  Ugh. At least he's 16 months going through this and not 6 weeks. 

Re: Sam is sick, too.

• Options

aw poor buddy! 

At least he's 16 months going through this and not 6 weeks. 

Very true!! But any sickness isn't fun. I hope he gets well soon.

• Options
    Aw!  Poor thing!  Ear infections are rough.  I hope he feels better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry, sweetie. Marino has been on amoxicillin and did great on it, aside from some very gross, smelly poop.

• Options
    Noah has been on Amox a few times.  He does well on it other than it makes him a little hyper.  I always feed him yogurt when he is on antibiotics to help keep diarrhea away.
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • Options
    You are a smart mom to call the doctor. No experience with amoxicillin, but hope he feels better soon! 
  • Options
    Robbie was on amox. once for his ears. he did fine on it, but unfortunately it didn't clear his ears up. That was during the 8w ear infection fiasco, though, so I think he just had a stubborn case.
  • Options
    poor sam. ear infections are tough and painful. hopefully the meds will work and clear it up soon. we prescribe amoxicillin a lot and we always want to make sure that there is no fam history of allergy to penicillin. other than that, it's pretty safe and a general antibiotic that can work on lots of bacteria. so it's a good one to give. good luck, hope he feels better very soon
  • Options
    Poor little guy. I hope he feels better soon.
  • Options
    Thanks, all!
  • Options
    Brandon just had his last dose of amoxicillin tonight for an ear infection. The pediatrician also had me give him tylenol the first three nights after finding out he had an ear infection to help with the pain. I hope he is feeling better soon.
    Conceived twins with IVF January 2008. Lost baby a at 20 1/2 weeks due to premature rupture of membranes and held onto baby b. Baby b (Brandon) born at 26 weeks and 1 day on July 5, 2008. Wesley born full term on June 29, 2011. My blog http://karenandstu.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Options
    Poor Brandon.  Yes, we're giving him Tylenol as well.  Hope his stays away for good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"