San Diego Babies

Introduction and a hair question...

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Trudy, my husband and I just moved to San Diego from NYC after getting married in May, and next thing we know, we're pregnant! I live in University Heights, and can't wait to take advantage of all of your knowledge, as I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing...

Anyway, I have a very superficial question that I thought someone might have an answer to. I am almost out of the first trimester, and once that hits would love to do something about my very badly grown-out highlights. Does anyone know of a salon in the central San Diego area (I hope this is the right designation, I'm thinking Hillcrest, North Park, downtown, Mission Valley...) that uses more gentle hair dyes, something I could get that would be less dangerous for the fetus?

Cheers!

Trudy 

Re: Introduction and a hair question...

• Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy!

I wish I had an answer for you, but I drive 100 miles to my hair guy (I have been seeing him for 15 years).  Ugh.  I really need to find someone in San Diego!

Good luck to you.  :)

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Hi I'm Anna I'm on here very rarely and only post when i find i have useful info so as for a hair stylist i have one in Mira Mar. Her name is Audra and she works at Michael David Hair Design.  Hope this helps and congrats on your pregnancy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi! I'm in the North Park area. I go to Leia at House of Hair, but I don't color mine so I have no idea what kind of coloring they do. She is great though!
  • hi sweetie- i'm a hairstylist- not in a salon cause i just had my son, but i do mobile work-i come to your home to make it easier for you. pm me if you want to know prices.

if you go to a salon, ask for demi-permanent color. the developer than is used with that kind of color has less amonia and is safer to use. plus your hair turns out really shiny :)

• Hi Trudy!

I am 21 weeks pregnant and am also a hairdresser. I use only Aveda color and products which are very gentle because they are 99% naturally derived and use certified organic ingredients. MY salon is in the Pacific Beach area and I would love to have you come see me. Salon name is Split Ends 1415 garnet ave san diego 92109 # 858-270-6500. Call to schedule an apt with me!

Rebecca 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"