Baby Showers
Options

Trying not to peek!

When I registered for our wedding, I loved to check our registries to see what was purchased or not.  Now I really want the gifts to be a surprise, but it is hard to not continually check it.  My husband really doubts I can do it but I am trying!

Anyone else in the same boat?  Strategies for not checking?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Trying not to peek!

• Options
    No?strategies, but?definitely?in the same boat. My SO gets excited too! My mom gave me a lecture about it though because now I wont have any surprises at my shower, but I tell her I dont know who got the stuff though,
  • Options
    No strategies here either, I just posted about this the two days ago. I deleted it off of my favorites, that helped a  little, also off of my recently viewed sites.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Think about it this way - you know what is on the registry (so the gifts from that aren't really a surprise). 

The surprise is who bought what (can't see that on your registry).

The bigger surprise will be the items that weren't on it.

Also - by monitoring your registry that is is the only way you will know if items are discontinued or no longer in stock or some such and can edit to accomodate that.

Registry stalk all you want.  (I can be such an enabler sometimes).

TTC since 2005. DS via IVF - 02/10 Baby #2 - due 10/16/11
  • Options

I had no intentions of peaking, but I went there before invites were sent out to make sure all the items were still in stock and someone had bought something! I was surprised it was purchased and it has gone down hill since...

My shower is today and I am logging on once an hour to see what else was bought. I am bad! 

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"