Baby Showers

Coed Shower?

I am debating if I should have a coed shower or not (My mom is throwing the shower but the decision was left up to me as to whether or not it will be coed.

I have been to both kinds of showers and enjoyed them equally - but I don't know which is more common.  My shower will be in early afternoon so it's not like it's going to be a "party" per-say.

TIA

[Poll]
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Coed Shower?

• I'm going to be honest with you - my experience w/ men at showers.... if it's a party, they are cool with it.  If it's really going to be an early day, "traditional" shower, men are either not going to come, or they are going to be miserable while there.

I realize not "all" men are like this, but the many men I know...  they simply aren't going to be "in" to a normal shower.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• my husband said that he definitely didn't want to take part in the baby showers. I think you should consult your SO on this one.

Some guys have their own "shower" where it's just diapers as a gift and the guys hang out, watch a game, drink some beer or play poker or something. I think my DH would be ok with something like that..but he certainly would not want to partake in a traditional shower.

• Loading the player...
  • I plan on a co-ed shower because I want DH and my guy freinds to be a part of it all... I fully plan on him and other guys hanging out drinking beer during the present opening, etc but thought it would be nice to have everyone share in the food and other "party" aspects.. and if there are any girls who aren't really into showers, they can hang out with the guys. I don't want a forced formal party. And I think it would be funny to have some of the guys playing shower games if they want.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"