Adoption
Options

American Adoption Agency - Opinions?

Do any of you have any opinions on American Adoption Agency?  I just had my first conversation with them and I really liked what I heard.

Thanks!

A.

Re: American Adoption Agency - Opinions?

• Options
    We have only gotten as far as talking to them, but I agree that I like everything so far.  The guy we spoke with was awesome, we were very comfortable with him.  He was informative and ready for any question we could bring him.  They seem to make themselves very available from my experience, and I like that.
  • Options

We spoke with them on the phone, and even got to the point of filling out the pre-application.  We ultimately decided not to use them because of the very high fees and the complications of an inter state adoption (our state doesn't make it easy).  However, I really liked everything they had to say and read nothing but positive reviews on them.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Good friends of ours used them for their domestic adoption. Their profile was activated around Labor Day 2007, and they were matched by April 2008, their son was born in June 2008. They ended up spending more than they'd originally planned, but there were some legal complications, and the bmom lived in an expensive city, so waiting out ICPC wasn't cheap.

• Options

They're good on paper. But Melissa Waid was my adoption lady and when they told me the family i chose never existed ( i have the freaking profile still right here, and was very attached to that couple) i dropped them like a hot potato.

Now shopping for another agency.

• Options
    imageStrlite85:

They're good on paper. But Melissa Waid was my adoption lady and when they told me the family i chose never existed ( i have the freaking profile still right here, and was very attached to that couple) i dropped them like a hot potato.

Now shopping for another agency.

It's always so fascinating to hear about things from the other side. I'm sorry you got the run-around with them. Let me know if you want the names of a few other agencies/organizations in Northern California. E-mail me at dragonflybride at gmail dot com

• Options
    imageahen:

Do any of you have any opinions on American Adoption Agency?? I just had my first conversation with them and I really liked what I heard.

Thanks!

A.

Jacksjerseygirl used them & had positive things to say, but I just don't know where she's been recently (maybe busy with baby ;)). I'm sure if she pops on she'll give you her feedback.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"