Multiples

If you ask us how we got pregnant...

you should tell us why you are curious.

Can we agree on this rule? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mommy to twin girls, Ashlyn & Fiona, born at 34 weeks due to vasa previa.

Re: If you ask us how we got pregnant...

• Agreed.  But, she got the answers she wanted, right?  If we really want to know someone's intentions, we shouldn't supply the info until they've been revealed! ; )

• sounds fair to me...
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Loading the player...
  • Nah.  I think we should stop answering altogether. Everyone gets pregnant the same way, when the fertilized egg implants.  What difference does it make if that happens with the help of modern technology, charting, too many drinks, divine intervention or a BC fail?

One person's pregnancy does not have any impact on anyone else's.

Quit asking.

Also, I wish we could but a notice at the top of this board that's sticky and says "All babies are natural."

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBitterOldHag:

Also, I wish we could but a notice at the top of this board that's sticky and says "All babies are natural."

Seriously, I got pregnant at 20 and people always ask, "oh wow, twins! You did IVF??" What Dr. would do fertility treatments on someone that obviously could not have been trying to get preg that long?And btw to all those lurkers.. fertility treatments don't guarantee multiples so why assume?

It's really no one's business why anyone is expecting multiples. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have no problem sharing how with others who are STC. When I was put on Clomid I also wanted to know what the odds were and had other Q's too. It does get bothersome when it's strangers or people who are NOT STC that ask.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • imagejacobandcrystal:

Agreed.  But, she got the answers she wanted, right?  If we really want to know someone's intentions, we shouldn't supply the info until they've been revealed! ; )

This.

• This is off -topic - but I LOVE your Halloween costumes!!!  I may have to steal you idea for next year! : )
  • Maybe she is trying for Multiples.  (dummy)

See my VENT in a PP below.

• I totally agree, all babies are natural, end of story :)  I mean they are not robotic or artificial.  Silly things people say!
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• the way i see it- if you don't like answering it - don't reply.

i don't mind- i don't care why they are asking... I'm an open book about my IF experience and using clomid/IUI.

I do think it's pretty dumb when someone going on clomid comes here and asks about our twins and clomid to figure out the risk... because, duh, everyone on this board is pg or has muultiples- and if we used clomid- then the risk would be 100% on this board, huh?  They should be asking on SAIF and they'll see that tons of women on there got pg with just one baby using clomid.

• It doesn't bother me, but I can see why it might be bothersome.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"