Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Poor DS

Yesterday we were at a friend's house and DS slipped while climbing on a wooden box filled with train pieces.  He hit his face/nose on the foot board of the bed and also cut his finger on the box.  There was SOOOO much blood.  I ended up taking him to Acute Care Kids in Allen, TX.  He got 4 stitches in his tiny finger and dermabond on his cut on his forehead.  It was so scary.  DS handled it pretty well.  He was upset at first and ticked when they had to hold him down for the stitches.  It didn't stop him from climbing though.  

By the way... Acute Care Kids was awesome.  I live in Rockwall and would definitely drive there if we ever needed after hours care. 

Re: Poor DS

• Options
    Ouch! Poor baby. I've used the Acute Care Kids in Frisco a few times and they have been great every time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh, that must have been so scary!  I'm so glad that he is ok and that you had a good experience.  (Well, as good an experience as you can have on an emergency medical visit!)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That would have scared the crap out of me.  Poor little guy.

I've heard the same great things about the Frisco ACute Care Kids. I hope to NEVER find out for myself.  That's wishful thinking.  If our children are anything like me, they'll have their own room there.

• Options
    imagebnljane1988:

That would have scared the crap out of me.  Poor little guy.

I've heard the same great things about the Frisco ACute Care Kids. I hope to NEVER find out for myself.  That's wishful thinking.  If our children are anything like me, they'll have their own room there.

My mom told me that when Madden was 7 months old.  She said I should start saving for his injury fund.  Then they made bets on how long it would take him to be in the ER.  He is such a dare devil.  It really scares me when he is older.  

• Options
    Poor guy.  I think its just something you have to prepare for with boys, its bound to happen.  Hope he's feeling much better
  • Options
    awww, poor little guy :o
  • Options
    Poor guy!  Glad to hear that you had such a good experience.  I hope to never visit the ER (wishful thinking) but I live in Allen so it's good to know there is a good place out there.
  • Options
    Poor little guy! I would have been pretty upset myself as anytime Hudson has bled or anything I just go into complete freak-out mode and assume the worst. Glad to hear your DS is okay and that you got such great care for him quickly too!
  • Options

Poor little thing. I am glad is is ok. What a good idea to start an injury fund since I have 2 boys!

• Options

I walked into that friend's house just as it all happened. Nothing like going for a visit to find a friend holding her baby covered in blood.

He was cute though with his little hand all bandaged up, as he tried to chew it off. Much better then he looked before you went to Acute Kids.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"