Minnesota Babies

Midwives around the TC?

New to the Bump world!  I would really like to stick with midwives for our pregnancy and birth.  Right now I got to the HealthPartners Health Center for Women - I have no complaints about the people, but they only deliver at Regions and I am leaning towards Woodwinds or St. Joes. 

Can anyone recommend any midwives in the HealthEast network or give any feedback?  Maybe particularly at the Mac/Groveland clinic location? 

Re: Midwives around the TC?

• I see the midwives at Generations Womens Health Center in Shoreview and they deliver at St. Joes or St. Johns. There is 4 midwives and you will have one of them with you when you deliver.

My friend went to the Mac/Groveland clinic when she was pregnant with her 2 kids and her favorite midwife was Lisa Mattke. The only issue with Healtheast midwives is that you may get any of the 12? that are in the Healtheast system so you may not get one that you have seen at your appts when you deliver.

Photo taken at 16 months old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I saw a midwife at the HealthPartners St. Paul clinic, and met with a few of them there. They were all really great, and I delievered at Regions and had a great expereience. I ended up with a c/s so I didn't get to birth with them, but just wanted to through that out in case yo udecided Regions was OK..
    Ashley & Christian
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the feedback ladies.  We very well may end up staying with HealthPartners and using Regions as well, but I was just a little leary of that being my ONLY option right from the start.  I like options!  No one told me that pregnancy would also makes me extra specially neurotic :)
  • I don't think this is correct, I think it depends on the midwife you see.  Unless it has changed.  When I was looking I called the appt. line; some of the midwives delivered at Regions, some at Abbott and some at St. Joes (as well as other hospitals).  Maybe try calling the appt. line and see if any deliver at St. Joe's?
  • Huh, I'll have to do some more sleuthing.  Two midwives at my clinic told me no one there delivers at St. Joes, but maybe I just haven't found the people who do!  Thanks for the feedback!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"