Texas Babies
Options

Solids!

We have been giving Audrey rice cereal and sweet potatoes for the past 3 weeks. She hates rice cereal, loves sweet potatoes. We started squash tonight and it was a hit.

I bought some baby oatmeal to start in the am and we will continue to do veggies in the pm for now. What did/are you guys all doing for transitioning to solids/increasing solids? My pedi was not super helpful with details on what to do. I read wholesome baby.com but there are so many options it is a bit overwhelming!

Also, when did you start non pureed foods?

Re: Solids!

• Options

I did 1 meal a day until 7.5 months... then 2 meals.. and around 8.5-9 months I went to three meals. I think.. it's hard to remember!

You could start finger foods any time... puffs or cherrios make great practice! And the sooner they can feed themselves, the better IMO. Yes... it's very very messy, but it's so nice that Elise can feed herself an entire meal. While she does that I can clean the kitchen, prep dinner, or (gasp!) read a magazine!!! :)

My ILs were here this past week and they were shocked (in a good way.) I guess my 13 month old nephew does not know how to feed himself; he's just never been given the chance. 

GL.... solids are fun but messy! I just bought a splat mat off of mamabargains.com and I love it! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Here are the non-pureed foods that I give James: steamed peas, saltine crackers, sliced and quartered bananas, Cheerios, Puffs, baked apple chunks and peach chunks.

James doesn't like oatmeal or rice cereal - so I mix it with applesauce and he eats it.

We're doing 2 meals/day now - though the first meal is not as scheduled as "dinner".  Just like his naps....sigh.

I'm going to start 3 meals/day at 9  months I think.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"