Multiples
Options

Did u get lots of clothes after babies were born?

Now that I've had all my showers, I think I still need clothes. Specifically I need some more footed PJs in newborn and 0-3. I've already started buying stuff that I see on sale or that I really like.

My BFF says not to buy everything as people will give stuff once the babies are born and for Christmas. But how do I know that I'll actually get what I need?

Should I go ahead and buy stuff now while I can or wait?

Re: Did u get lots of clothes after babies were born?

• Options
    i got some after they were born, but honestly between leaky diapers and spit up we are going through a lot more laundry then i thought so i dont see the harm in having a few extra pairs of PJs laying around. although you may want to wait until they are born to see what sizes you actually will need because they do grow out of things rather quickly.
  • Options

I learned the hard way that it's important to go ahead and buy what you need early on--twin pregnancies can be full of surprises! I never dreamed I'd be hospitalized at 26 weeks; I've been here since that time, and should be delivering in a couple weeks (I'm at 35 weeks 3 days now). I was perfectly healthy in the pregnancy before preterm labor started, so I had no reason to plan on being out of commission so early. I barely had any baby supplies at all! Just this week I've began buying everything we need online, from clothes to swings to car seats, but the shipping costs can really add up!

My advice is to buy from a store that will take returns without giving you hassle--Carter's Outlet is my favorite. You can always return or exchange the things you don't need after the babies are born! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I buy as I need.  Everyday though I'm getting more stuff from people!
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options

I did get a lot of outfits after they were born.  With Christmas coming up I would stick to the small sizes, like you said.  If you don't have a lot of onesies or sleep sacks/gowns I'd get some of those.  I tried not to go overboard since you never know how long they'll be in them, but it depends how often you want to do laundry too. I'm doing a load every couple of days.

I think the one thing I thought we had plenty of but wish we had more of would be bibs and burp cloths...it is ridiculous how many we go through in a day!

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• Options
    GOT TONS!!!  It is very generous of people, but I've had to make a lot of returns.  I keep about 3 sleepers each,and do their laundry every night so it doesn't become overwhelming! They do outgrow things very quickly!
  • Options
    I didn't get anything after DS was born other than a plant and 1 $25 gc to Walmart from DH's aunt. 
  • Options

We got TONS of clothes when the boys were born (and for months after!), but they were mostly "outfits".
    From our personal experience, I'd say go ahead and stock up on some sleepers and such, but hold off on cute outfits.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

my boys were born in early december, and since we didnt' know what we were having before they were born, we got a TON of clothes after people found out they were boys. and then with christmas right there, we got even more!

i can't tell if you know what you're having, but if not, i'll bet you'll get SO MUCH when they're born!

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"