TTC after 35
Options

u/s#2 this morning--good looking bean

I had u/s #2 today, and much to my relief, our little bean is growing right on track & has a good heartbeat. ? Yay!

But I have to say, it's so different going thru pregnancy after m/c. ?I want to be happy & excited, but I just won't really let myself connect with this pregnancy until I get past the point of our previous trouble (trisomy 18 found in first trimester screening/cvs, m/c at 13 weeks). ?

So, next week I go to the ob/gyn, and then screening tests after that (wk 11-ish)--I'm staring down a nervy next few weeks. ?My plan is to try to keep myself busy & distracted at work. ?And I'm so thankful for my DH, he is always there for me. ?We both can become anxious messes, often at the same time, but he's a great support. ? Shout-out to the DH's! ?

?

Re: u/s#2 this morning--good looking bean

• Options

That's great news!!!!! 

I think once a person has had a m/c, it leaves that mark. When we have been through that it takes a little piece of the new joy away and replaces it with apprehension, in particular in the early stages.

Your DH sounds fabulous! Mine is fantastic too and such a great support.

I'll look forward to seeing your updates as you go along :) 

• Options

Good news on the bean! 

I imagine that when I manage to get pregnant again, I will feel the same anxieties you are.

I don't know how you could not feel that, to some extent.

Glad your DH is supportive! Take deep breathes, and remember that the vast majority of women who lose a pregnancy go on to have healthy pregnancies.

We're all here to comfort you/virtually hold your hand/etc. etc. whenever you need it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad to hear that the u/s of your little bean was looking good!  I completely understand how you are feeling after having a m/c.  Through my whole first pg I was completely nervous that something was going to go wrong, but it was the easiest pg around.  Also, even with my last pg being successful and no issues I still worry about this current pg.  I was convinced yesterday when I went for my NT scan they were going to say something was wrong.  A m/c totally changes the way you look and feel about being pg, which completely sucks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options
    Great news!

I'm sorry about your m/c. I hope you continue to have great news in the next several weeks! Glad to hear your DH is so supportive.
  • Options
    Yay for the bean.  I'm glad you have a supportive DH.  Sending sticky dust!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yay! That's great news!
  • Options
    Great news! Very excited for you and crossing my fingers that all goes well throughout the first tri and entire pregnancy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"