Adoption
Options

Told my boss

Damn, that was the easiest thing I've done so far!

I think he was worried I was going to tell him I found another job, so the concept of us adopting was a pleasant and welcome surprise. I explained that the call could come in a month or a year, and I would keep him updated. He's very happy for us, and said to just keep him posted.

Yay!

I am very fortunate to work at a family-friendly company, and with a woman who has adopted, so the awareness is better than I expected.

Thanks for the advice gals. I kept it factual and it went great.

Re: Told my boss

• Options
    What a weight off your shoulders, yay!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That's great!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    what a relief!  so happy for you.
    After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • Options
    That must be such a good feeling.  And isn't it fun to tell people your plans?
  • Options
    That's great news!  Now hopefully you're wait won't be long at all.
  • Options
    how exciting!  That's a big step.  Doesn't it make it all seem real now :)
  • Options
    That's great! I'm glad it went well for you. I need to have the talk with my boss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yay!! Glad that it went well! :-)
    After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
  • Options
    Here's hoping your boss is worried about replacing you in less than six months!
    dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• Options
    Great! I'm so glad it went well. :)
  • Options
    I received about the same response so I know how you are feeling. Good Luck I hope you wait is not long.
  • Options

I am so glad to hear that!!!!

Love your sig!

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    Awesome news!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"