Single Parents

A little upset, but I understand.

With this H1N1 messing going on the hospitals here in VA are not letting anyone under 18 in to visit. This is suppose to go on for a year and I have an 8yr old who I want in the deliver room while i'm laboring and I want her to see us after babies birth in the hospital. My baby and I are crushed she can't be apart of this.

Anyone else going through this in your home state?

Re: A little upset, but I understand.

• I didn't have to go through it exactly but the hospital where I delivered was putting the lock down in the Mother Baby unit just after DS was born.  He was born on a Friday and the following Mon. the new rules were going into effect.  Any child of a mom that showed signs of flu like symptoms would be placed in isolette after delivery, only BD can be in for delivery, and only grandparents were allowed to visit after baby is born.  That would have been devastating to me as my mom lives in NV and is taking care of a sick husbandm and LO's father is not around.  Besides coming a day before his due date my LO has excellent timing! 

Sorry your daughter can't be in there with you but it could be worse!  

• Yup, I just found out my two other children can not come visit. No one under 18 allowed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"