Baby Showers
Options

What to expect baby shower at DH work???

Dh coworkers are throwing us a baby shower next week. They decided to have it at work conference room at the end of the work day in the middle of the week. We're not thrill about the location and the time however we are grateful that they were throwing a shower for us. What should I expect? Is this normal to have a baby shower in a conference room at work??

Re: What to expect baby shower at DH work???

• Options

Yes, most "work showers" are held at work, and usually during the day. It's usually much more casual than a normal shower- dont' expect any games, or anything like that.  Should only last about a 1/2 hour to an hour.

This is based on my experience - for the men and women.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    Yes that's very normal. We had several showers during lunch time or in the mid-afternoon. It was just a cake and opening gifts. I wouldn't expect much more from a work shower.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yep...all the ones I've attended have been either during lunch or right after work.  All but one (my own) was at the work place.  At the time I didn't work where there were offices that could be used for a shower...and no lunchroom, etc.  It was a State office so the girl held it at her home.  There were only like 7-8 people there so nice and cozy.

• Options

I've never heard of a work shower not being at the work site.

Any I've been to/heard of have been lunch showers or quittin' time showers.

TTC since 2005. DS via IVF - 02/10 Baby #2 - due 10/16/11
  • Options
    That is what they did for my work one with my son.  End of the day, and a cake and well wishes.
  • Options

At my work baby showers are usually in one of the larger conference rooms over lunch and those that come split the bill (usually pizza and cake).

And its usually either smaller gifts, or a bunch of people on a team/dept chip for a better present.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"