Two Under 2
Options

Working mamas come in

I just posted this on 2nd tri too...

Anyone else totally freaked (or were you) about affording 2 in daycare?  I've been doing some budgeting this morning (while I should be working), and we're not going to have an extra penny until the kiddos are in school!  Yikes!

Connor Thomas 6/6/08. Discovered missed miscarriage at 17 wks 3 days, D&C 11/25/09. Please, please, please - BFP 5/21/11, EDD 2/1/11. Beta@12DPO=52, Beta@14DPO=158. U/S 7/7/11 shows strong baby measuring a couple days ahead!!! Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Working mamas come in

• Options
    I found that a nanny was less expensive with 2 than daycare - the rate doesn't double and sometimes doesn't increase much at all for a 2nd child.  Just something to think about in case you haven't already!
  • Options
    yes it is scary but we should be able to make it work if we stick to a budget.  I looked into nanny costs as well and it is pretty much the same as our center except the center includes food too and when we had someone at home with our daughter our electric and gas was higher too and gas for the car and food at home for kids and nanny...so I still think the center ends up being cheaper.  If we are lucky enough to have a third I will either quit or get a nanny at that point.  Unfortunately with 2 it still won't make sense for me to stay at home :(  I need DH to get a BIG raise!  I try not to stress about it though...it will all work out.
    Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a nanny right now.  She'll be continuing on when we have DD#2.  She is definitely way cheaper than having two in daycare!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    yes!  I have daycare at work, so the deduct it from my paycheck.  It will be very sad to see a check for so little. 
  • Options
    I'll have 3 in daycare, and I don't even want to think about how much it's going to cost.
  • Options

Yes, and we had to switch daycare.  We went from and expensive center to an in home situation (which is working out well so far!)  We had to change the budget to make it happen.

Good luck!  And yes, we are counting down until we have extra money when they are in school. 

• Options
    Yep, totally freaked!! I will hardly bring home a paycheck at all, although I only work 3 days a week.  I have come to the conclusion I am specifically working for our health benefits.  I work at a hospital and our benefits are really good and inexpensive.  DHs are not so good and more costly.  Luckily I like my job, my employer and my co-workers.  I have always wanted to stay home and after seeing Daycare costs wanted to that much more but it is not quite possible yet.  DH needs a big raise and better benefits...probably not going to happen anytime soon.
  • Options

I have 1 year old twins and I work full time but I am blessed that we have the option to allow my husband to stay home with them during the day and then when I get home from work he heads off to school! In the future, when he graduates we will need to think about what we are going to do for child care but it is worth every penny to know that your children are in a trusted safe environment!! We are mamas now and keeping our little ones safe is our #1 priority!

• Options

we are just starting to work out the numbers now . . DD will be just entering early learning program at daycare . so, we don't want to take her out, because it is where she will be going to preschool . . so, we were thinking about dropping her down to whatever preschool would be and have a nanny full-time .  . 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"