Texas Babies
Options

Going rate for babysitters?

We've got a dinner thing coming up and my parents, who are our usual sitters, have plans. So it looks like Elise will have her first night with a non family member babysitting.  What's the going rate? I'm thinking $10/hr? 

It won't be a late night... we'd leave here around 6:50 and be home by 10 or 11:00 I'm sure. Elise goes down by 7:30...

Also- should I provide a meal for the babysitter? It's not like she'd eat what Elise is eating, haha. I'm thinking of using some girls in my neighborhood. 

tia! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Going rate for babysitters?

• Options
    I pay $10/hr. If your neighborhood girls don't work out, email me and I will give you the info for a fabulous sitter we use.
  • Options
    I say $10 is great! I babysat for the same little girl from the time she was 1 to 5. before they moved back to Dallas Sad and I never expected them to feed me of course they had stuff there to eat. But than again I was the very first sitter they ever had and as we got closer I would pick her up and take her to the park or mcdonalds. But $10 is great and just make sure there is stuff to drink and snack on. Good luck
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have done between $8-10 bucks an hour...for my stepson.  We have not left both kids with a babysitter yet.  But I think around 10 bucks an hour is pretty good.  And yes, we always get them dinner.  most of the time...pizza...b/c it's easy and that's what they like.  Good luck!  We have a great sitter if you need a number too!  Let me know
  • Options

I spoke with two neighbors last night (who use girls from our neighborhood) and was happy to hear they pay $7-8/hr... they each have two kids who are much more high maintenance than Elise and they said if they we me, they would pay $7...

that said, my little brother has offered to watch Elise for me and all I have to do is make sure there are a few beers in the frig!! :) 

• Options
    imagelauren&matt:

that said, my little brother has offered to watch Elise for me and all I have to do is make sure there are a few beers in the frig!! :) 

SCORE!!!! 

• Options

The girl we use is $10/hr. I just tell her she can eat whatever she wants in the house.

If you don't want to leave her with a sitter, you can bring her over here. She can hang out with us while you are out. 

PS- you are still going Sat afternoon/evening to the halloween dinner right?

• Options
    We'd also do it! I call it free birth control for me and whenever John is around kids he doesn't talk about wanting them as much. They're his own form of birth control since he gets his baby/kid fill in. :)
    | My Blog l image
  • Options
    imagelauren&matt:

I spoke with two neighbors last night (who use girls from our neighborhood) and was happy to hear they pay $7-8/hr... they each have two kids who are much more high maintenance than Elise and they said if they we me, they would pay $7...

It's really great that you trust your brother to babysit!  I don't even trust mine to watch my dog!

• Options

imagepaith041:
    We'd also do it! I call it free birth control for me and whenever John is around kids he doesn't talk about wanting them as much. They're his own form of birth control since he gets his baby/kid fill in. :)

Hmmmm - would you do it for free beer and dinner??  Ryan's got his annual X-mas party in Dec. (it's usually a weekday) Stick out tongue

• Options
    imagepkate98:

imagepaith041:

Hmmmm - would you do it for free beer and dinner??  Ryan's got his annual X-mas party in Dec. (it's usually a weekday) Stick out tongue

Haha! That's usually how John's family pays us too. Just shoot me an email when you know the date and I'll check our schedule.

| My Blog l image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"