Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Refusing to eat meat while sick...HELP!

My DD has had a cold for one week now, and has refused to eat any kind of meat (which she normally loves); including hot dogs, chicken, beef, italian sausage, etc. I'm hoping that it is just a texture thing; with being stuffed up. Anybody else experience this?  What do you think I should do?

Re: Refusing to eat meat while sick...HELP!

• Options
    When DS is sick, the only thing he'll eat is chicken noodle soup, and the Gerber ravioli's with a meat and vegetable in them. It could be too heavy for her stomach or something. I bet it will pass.
  • Options
    Maybe she'd eat scrambled eggs?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Liliana is also refusing to eat meat, so I've been giving her Greek yogurt, which packs a ridiculous amount of protein.
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about it.  If she is still sick, it is common to not want to eat certain foods.  She may have a sore throat and doesn't like the taste or feel of meat.  Just try to get some other things with protein in like dairy.    Once she feels better it should get better.  GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Nothing.  She will eat it again.  Give her a break on even trying it for a little while and then re-introduce her favorites first.  If you are worried about her protein intake, try eggs or beans.  Peanuts are still a no-no, but Lucas loves cashews.  (I don't know if other nuts are actually ok or not, but I'd told my dad no peanuts and he took it literally and shared his other salty snacks!  no reactions, so its okay for us).

Has she had ham?  Not sandwich meat kind - like Cure81 baked ham, or the kind you would get at Cracker Barrel for breakfast?  Lucas tears ham up!  He picks it over anything else on his plate. 

• Options
    DD just went through this with a cold. I made her some quinoa, bean and cheese quesadillas to get some protein in and also gave her absurd amounts of yogurt.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    keep offering it to her, but give her what she wants to eat.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! :)  That makes me feel better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"