Birth Stories
Options

Baby Gabrielle

Baby Gabrielle Olivia is here!

I went in for an ultrasound on Tuesday and they found that my amniotic fluid level was low (.3), so my doctor wanted to do an induction to ensure baby was okay. I went in that night at 6pm to the hospital and they started me on cervidil at 9pm. Wednesday morning they checked me and I was 3 cm dialated on the outside but not on the inside. They started me on pitocin at 7am.

I had mild contractions but nothing worse than bad period cramps. They checked me in the afternoon and I was 3cm in and out so the pitocin seemed to be helping. By 6pm I had not made any more progress and had been on max pitocin for 6 hours. So my doctor came in and told me she would rupture my membranes to move labor along since I had been on the pitocin so long. My membranes were ruptured at 7pm and contractions started stronger almost immediately. The pain went from like a 2 to a 6 that quick.

I had wanted to at least try to go natural so I endured the pain for an hour as the contractions got worse, but I eventually asked for IV pain meds to try to take the edge off. At 8:15 I was given stadol and it did not help at all. I tried for 2 more hours to make it through the contractions with breathing and massage, but I felt like I was going to throw up and pass out, so I gave in and asked for an epidural. I was 5 cm dialated at this point. I got the epidural at 10:30 but it didn't take and all I that happened was I felt a little tingly waist down. At 11:30 the anesthesiologist came back in and gave me a CSE (combined spinal epidural) and that worked almost immediately. They checked me immediately after and I was 9.5 cm dialated already!

By 1am I was fully dialated and by 2am they had me start pushing. I could still feel the contractions enough to know when they were occuring and I could feel pressure enough to know when to push, so that was very helpful. I pushed for a little over 2 hours and Gabrielle arrived at 4:13am! She was 7lbs. 13oz., 21 in. long, and scored a 9 and a 9 on her apgar.

She latched on like a champ the first time I went to breastfeed and has been doing awesome since then. We are so excited for our new addition!

Baby Gabrielle

Re: Baby Gabrielle

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"