Health & Exercise
Options

Trainer in the house!

Just wanted to throw it out there that I am a new mommy AND a personal trainer, so if anyone has any specific questions, I'd be happy to throw in my two cents!  Contact me if ya want!

Re: Trainer in the house!

• Options
    i am afraid of becoming all sloppy gooey while pregnant, and want to maintain my strength workouts to keep my shape (at least in the arms and back). and when should i cut out squats and lunges, if at all?
  • Options

well, thanks to lots of stress and hormones i was overwieght when i conceived, now i am really nervous. all the books say not to gain more than 15 lbs, i dont know if it changes but right now i am so out of breath all the time, so exercising is tough. is it possible to slim parts of me like legs, while pg, of do i need to wait.

cheers?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagerachmanch:
    i am afraid of becoming all sloppy gooey while pregnant, and want to maintain my strength workouts to keep my shape (at least in the arms and back). and when should i cut out squats and lunges, if at all?

Keep doing squats! Squats are good for strengthening your pelvic floor and your legs, and will be helpful for labor. If you're doing weighted squats, just drop the weight so you're not straining/grunting (do like your 10-15 rep weight, not your 3-5 rep weight). And later just switch to air squats (unweighted). After 1st tri, don't squat past parallel b/c of the loosening ligaments.

• Options

imagerachmanch:

Listen to your body.  If you have been doing them all along, it shouldn't be a problem to continue until the end.  You may eventually have to modify them by doing them a little less deep though.  GL!

• Options
    imageplannin4mrs:

well, thanks to lots of stress and hormones i was overwieght when i conceived, now i am really nervous. all the books say not to gain more than 15 lbs, i dont know if it changes but right now i am so out of breath all the time, so exercising is tough. is it possible to slim parts of me like legs, while pg, of do i need to wait.

cheers 

If you weren't exercising before, now is not them time to start anything intense.  A good 30 minute walk everyday will help get things rolling though, and then once LO is born, you can pump up the pace! GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"